Today is Kate's fifth Birthday.
She is having a pajama party today at 4:00.
I forgot to send out invitations.
So I called all her friends this morning to make sure they could come today at 4:00.
Lucky for me, they could.
I am one awesome mother.
***
Five things I love about Kate:
1. She is the sweetest girl. She wants everyone to be happy. She will come up to me and say, "You are the best mom" or "I am lucky to have the best mom." And I eat it up even if I know that the best mom's send invitations to their daughters birthday parties. She is the first one to hug someone if they're hurt. She is such a sweet girlie girl.
2. She loves looking good. She changes her clothes whenever the mood strikes. She loves getting into my makeup and thinks it's worth the timeout. Anytime I get dressed up, she tells me I look so cute. She also loves doing her hair by herself- and she's pretty good at it. Plus, I think she's just so beautiful- but I'm totally biased 'cause I'm her mom.
3. She is easy to please. The other day she came up to me and said, "Mom, I just want one thing for my birthday- Hungry, Hungry Hippo. That's all." And she hasn't asked for anything since.
4. She is so smart. She says things out of nowhere that we had no idea that she knew. She is so super quiet, so when she does talk and let's us know what's going on in that mind of hers- we are always so surprised at how smart she is.
5. This last year with Annie at school all day, me and Kate have become quite the little pals. She's my helper. She loves helping me cook and going shopping with me. She is so much fun to be around and I just can't help but love her.
***
Dear Kate,
Happy Birthday! I can't believe you are five years old. I love you so much. You are such a special, sweet little girl. I am so proud of everything you are learning and that you are such a good girl. I'm thankful that you are such a good sister and am so glad that you are in our family. I hope you have the best birthday, ever.
Love, Mom
Here are some of my favorite post about Kate:
Kate and the Bum Crack
Kate Shoplifts
Kate in the Rain
Kate and the Mascara
Kate Paints
Baby Kate Smiles

1 comment:
I got caught up reading your blog! I am having a birthday party for Ally on Saturday - and forgot about invitations too! :) haha. But did remember today and drove around hand written invites! :)
You inspire me to be a good mom and be happy with the chaos! Thanks.
Post a Comment