Monday, June 21, 2010

first time offender...

(Photo taken by Annie- without Kate's permission.)
***
A few days ago we were at Target.
I was checking out and the girls were examining all the candy and toy things they stick right by the checkout lines.  They would ask me for something and I would say no without looking. As we walked out the door, I looked back and saw Kate rolling up the front of her dress.
I asked her what she was doing and she said,
"nothing."
Which always means she's doing something.
I turned around and looked closer.
"Kate, what is in your dress?"
"nothing."
"Kate, show me what you have in your dress."
She unrolls her dress and there is a foot long plastic twirly candy thing.
You know what I'm talking about?
You push the button and it starts twirling around and lights up and everything.
She had successfully stolen not just a pack of gum, but a giant twirling' light up candy thing.
I turn her around and make her walk back into the store to return it.
After we got into the car, I tried to explain the magnitude of her decision.
I told her stealing is wrong.
It's not honest.
You could go to jail.
She didn't believe me and told me that only moms go to jail not sisters.
I told her that the "policeman"/"mall cop" we saw when we first got there was in charge of catching kids who steal things. If he would have seen her steal that candy, he would take you to jail.
And you know what she said???
"Nuh-uh- 'cause I kick him in the face!"
What?!?
Seriously where do my kids get this stuff?
***
On a similar note,
we took the girls to the "carnival" at Meridian Dairy Days-
Brock got the girls all set in their flying cow or whatever it was.
He walked up to me and said,
"Kate just snuck onto that ride!
She didn't give the guy her tickets and just walked right passed him!"
OH! He was so PROUD!
(You would have to know Brock to understand...
it's kind of a family thing.)
What am I going to do with this girl?
(Another photo taken by Annie- this one with permission from Kate.)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That's great but not so great, but funny! And Rex said almost the exact same thing about getting caught by a policeman the other day. I was so proud...

Danny and Veronica said...

In answer to your question about the first story, Danny says, "Brock." :)

Marc said...

We watched a lot of movies for free at movies 8.......