"Ya, but she is our wild card."
I thought about that for a minute and realized that it was a
perfect description
of our little
Katey-Kate.
She was such a mellow, happy and angelic baby. I thought that maybe she was my blessing for all of Annie's craziness. I thought Annie was just like Brock as a kid-
silly, sneaky and always wanting to play and go and go and go.
Kate was just like me as a kid-
perfectly behaved, calm, a model citizen.
I didn't even see it coming.
A couple months after learning how to walk she became this wild child.
Into everything- and I mean everything.
Mildly aggressive- taking kids out, hitting, and biting- oh the biting.
It was the first time I had ever received a bad report from nursery- She was biting a little boy's head- they knew it was her because she had his hair in her mouth. I knew all about it because I heard about if from his mother for twenty minutes.
"I am so, so, so sorry about that."
Seriously what am I supposed to do about it three days later?
Here is a short list of the trouble she's been in today:
Waking up at 4:59 am
Finding a bowl and filling it with water from the fridge and pouring it on the kitchen floor
Getting butter off the counter- mixing it in mixing bowls and then trying to clean it up by smearing it on the cupboards, the oven and of course the floor.
Following this incident I thought maybe she's bored- so we painted.
Proceeded to tip over her water cup twice- the first time I said, "it's ok I'll fill it up again." After the second time I said ,"it's ok...no more."
1 timeout for biting Annie.
4 timeouts for biting mom.
BUT she also told me "DaynDu" after I told her thank you.
She ran up to me and hugged my legs and laughed and laughed.
She had so much fun painting herself and looked so cute doing it.
Jumped from the coffee table to the couch a hundred times and yelling,
"MAAAAA! ATCHHH!"
translation- Mom. Watch.
Followed Brock to leave for work carrying a text book just like he was carrying his laptop. He took her around the block and she was so excited to go to work with dad. She did cry when I took her out of the car and then hit me in the face.
Gave me kisses and laughed and laughed.
And ate all of her mac n' cheese.
So, Kate may be our wild card, but she is the cutest little wild card I've ever seen
and
I wouldn't trade her for anything.

13 comments:
oh man, i was going to invite her over so you and annie could rest but i was afraid annie wouldn't like that.
looks like i should have. if annie is still sick tomorrow i'll have kate come over. she hasn't bit fred in a long time.
we even painted today. she could have spilled the water at my house.
Holy COW!
I never would have guessed! Sam has taken to biting lately as well. Hopefully they don't figure it out and gang up on all the kids in their nursery!
haha, the picture syas it all with that little darling smile AND paint all over the face. you sound like a busy woman!
Such a cute post....I can't believe how old your girls are getting...they are so cute!
Her and my Garrett are MEANT TO BE! Seriously! Plus my kids will be the only one's tall enough for your girls!!!
I think we have the same child only Kaylee is 1/2 year behind in age...but I can already see it coming and it's only the begin. I need tips, not quite sure how to handle it!
Oh my goodness!!! She and Jackson must be related!! She is really a cutie!
Oh she reminds me of Ellie so part of me is so sad for you and part of me is so happy :) She is adorable. I think I have a picture of Ellie exactly like that.
Oh my, she is too funny! Her and little Lance would be BIG TROUBLE!
Hey did you get an invite to my blog? If not send me your updated e-mail and I'll invite my 1 and only follower,hehe.
She is an angel when she is at Mamish's house. I don't know what you are talking about.
Hey we have one of those too! He was the happiest, sweetest baby! We all called him mr.smiles. Now his nickname is Pesto. He does all his mischief with a smile! We totally did not see it coming! He was the snake in the grass, noone sees!
Post a Comment