Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Boise Temple Open House

 On the way home from Provo, we decided to take the long way so that we could take the girls to the Boise Temple.  They had just finished a massive renovation. The temple had closed while we were still living there.  I know how thrilled everyone there is to have the temple back open- no more trips to Twin Falls.
 The older girls have asked us so many times about what the temple looks like inside. We have shown them pictures, but I realized that this was the best chance we had to let them see a temple. It was totally worth it.
 The inside of the new Temple is so, so beautiful. The girls loved the Bride's Room and the sealing room (although Annie was disappointed there was no aisle- like in the Sound of Music).
 Eve was a terror the entire time and even burped the loudest burp of her life inside the chapel when it was completely silent- then my girls of course can't keep from giggling.  It was terribly embarrassing..
 But there was a moment in the sealing room where the girls wanted to look in the mirrors, and I stood there with Brock looking at our family's reflection going on and on- a lot has changed since the last time we looked in those mirrors together on our wedding day... It was definitely a powerful moment that reminded me what really matters.
 I am so grateful for the chance I have to me Brock's wife and these little girlies' mom. I feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of my role and the importance of raising these girls and keeping up with Brock and all his goodness. I just hope that somewhere in heaven there's a grade for effort. :)
It was a beautiful day at a beautiful place with teeny, tiny side of homesick.
And then it was back in the car to drive home to our new home.

1 comment:

Taylor Rose said...

The Eve part of this made me laugh super hard... AND the pictures are STELLAR. The one of Kate and Eve is incredible.