Monday, November 26, 2012

Chicago

I had never been to Chicago, and it was top on my list of cities I wanted to visit list.
So when I was told I needed to go see a specialist for my knee- I thought it was lucky that he was in Chicago.
We flew in Sunday night and sat in traffic for an hour or two, but I was determined to eat pizza in Chicago- so we persevered until we arrived in downtown Chicago. The pizza was huge and so, so good.  Then we walked down Michigan Ave in the rain, and then we checked into our hotel room. The next morning Brock and I woke up and decided to walk around and explore. Since our hotel was so close to the lake, we decided to walk there.
It was FREEZING.
I have never been so cold in the sunshine in my entire life.
It is true...
Chicago=Windy City
We walked as fast as we could there and as fast as we could back- with a break for hot, hot chocolate.
And then I discovered the indoor mall, with the indoor Nordstrom's and I was much warmer.
The rest of the day was spent at my surgeons office waiting, getting x-rays, waiting, filling out millions of forms, waiting, going back to the exam room, waiting, talking to the doctor, waiting, talking to the PA, waiting, having a small anxiety attack, waiting, and talking to the Dr. again.
I hated it.
But I need it- so it is what it is.
But after all that, my dad texted me and said that there were two tickets for us for the Bulls v Celtics game that night.  Brock was so pumped. We checked out the famous Michael Jordan statue and saw all the Championship trophies. Brock liked telling people we got our tickets from D Rose... conveniently leaving out that it was actually David and not Derrick.  The game was super boring until the 4th quarter and then it was fantastic.
Brock decided that I needed a Rose #1 shirt- so we picked up a few souvenirs before we left.
We went out to eat after the game and watched it snow in Chicago.
Then we drove to our hotel by the airport and slept for about 4 hours before we had to catch our flight to New York. It was a short trip in the windy city, but fortunately/unfortunately we will be back very soon...

2 comments:

Darci said...

Glad it was a fun trip, too bad it wasn't for strictly fun. What is up with your knee?

Amie said...

Oh my goodness.... this makes me completely homesick!!! Did you go to Giordano's for the pizza? My mom also has a knee specialist downtown... hopefully the city treated you well!!
-- Amie Harmon