Friday, August 17, 2012

The Longest Summer.

So our family has had a fantastic, exciting, eventful and very, very long summer.
I know I'll regret saying this in February, but I'm ready for Fall.
I'm ready for pumpkin cookies and soup.
I'm ready for football.
I'm ready for school and school supplies and school clothes.
I'm ready for my birthday. :)
But mostly, I'm so ready for a routine.
The last few months have been so exciting and new, but what I'm craving (even more than pumpkin bread) is feeling settled.
I love my new house. I love it so much.
I love my new town. I love it all.
I just want to feel like this is home.
I've already told myself that it's going to take a year.
I need a year to establish traditions and feel comfortable and not to feel like everywhere I go I'm meeting people for the first time... or it's the second time, but since I didn't remember them- it's still pretty much the first. I hate when I do that.
So, pretty much I'm excited to put one season under my belt. I'm excited to put summer in the books and to look forward to a new season.
I'm looking forward to sending my girlies off to school and having them learn and be otherwise occupied for a good portion of the day.
I know I should say that I'm so sad the summer is ending and I'm going to miss them, but I'm really thrilled about the chance I get to miss them. :)
Annie loves school and she loves friends so school is what she loves- let's just hope we can get her into the right school. Fingers crossed.
Kate on the other hand is READY for school. She needs to have space where's she not bossed around by Annie and not bugged by Tessa- where she can just be Kate.
And Eve, Tessa and I will hang out here, making pumpkin cookies and coloring with brand new crayons.
But until then, we still have 2 1/2 weeks left of summer. So we will squeeze all the fun and excitement we can out of them- even if I feel like I've reached my excitement max...
And we will especially squeeze every ounce of sunshine, because in my book there is no such thing as sunshine max.


1 comment:

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

That's exactly how I feel. Taylor loves school and can't wait to go back and I love the order and schedule it brings with it. I love the fall and pretty much everything else on your list except crayons. I'm more of a marker kinda girl.