Friday, July 20, 2012

Second in Command.

This is my girl.
My sidekick.
I am the boss, and so is she.
She has figured out how to talk, so she might as well tell everyone what to do.
Every time I send Annie or Kate to their room (which is a frequent occasion these days- my friend's husband called this "vacation detox" or something) she marches up the stairs right behind them saying,
"Go to you ROOM. Go dere wight NOW. Shut da DOOR. Stay dere. Dat's a NO NO."
I think it's sort of funny.
The girls find it less funny than I do.
Then she marches down the stairs and says, "Dey in der room, Ma."
And she has the no nonsense kind of get it done attitude.
It's just what I need- a little backup.
Although when it's her turn to go to timeout, she's not so supportive.
It sounds more like, "You MEAN MOM."
Not as funny or cute.
But speaking of cute, my favorite thing she says is, "My tummy happy."
Anytime she eats or drinks, she says it.
"My tummy happy, Ma."
I love it. I hope she still says it when she's 15.
And I hope she still wears that life jacket and those goggles, too.
That's pretty cute too.
Love my Tess. She's definitely one of a kind.
***
So want to hear something crazy?
This morning at 5:00, I woke up to a HUGE boom.
My first thought was that the girls pushed their bed down the stairs.
It could happen.
Turns out it was thunder that shook our house for about 15 seconds.
Brock got up to look at the window and all the neighbors were outside.
The lightening had been so close that it set of all the smoke alarms and blew out their TV.
I was just grateful it didn't strike Brock- seeing as he has a much higher chance of getting struck by lightening again.
But it wasn't all bad news.
We have a light in our bathroom that is broken.
Went in after the lightening struck and it totally works.
So awesome.
The weather here is so crazy.

2 comments:

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

She looks pretty intimadating in those googles! Cool about your light. "Falls in a well eyes go crossed...gets kicked by a mule and her eyes go back. I don't know!"

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

She looks pretty intimadating in those googles! Cool about your light. "Falls in a well eyes go crossed...gets kicked by a mule and her eyes go back. I don't know!"