Monday, July 30, 2012

A really, beautiful evening at the beach.

So, we were touring around Seattle and the girls started to get really tired.
I knew they needed a nap, but I didn't want to go and sit at the hotel.
I told Brock I wanted to drive to the coast while the girls slept, and since he's an awesome husband he said, "Let's do it."
I looked up a beach that was like 2 1/2 hours away (turns out there's a great beach 30 minutes away from Seattle- with waves) and we took off.
It was like 2:00 and there was SOOO much traffic.
It took us four hours to get there and we almost turned around ten times.
But I'm so glad we didn't because it was so beautiful.

These two girls complained for the entire first half of the trip and then asked questions about sharks the entire second half of the trip.
But they were happy every single second we were actually at the beach.


All of the girls were in heaven here.
Tessa was afraid of the water at first, so she just played in the sand.
Eve was in love with the sand and the water.
We just had to keep our eye on her so she didn't get washed away.

Since I hadn't actually planned this beach trip, we had nothing beach related.
Except towels, but that was only because they were still in the car from the last time we went swimming. Good thing I hadn't cleaned out my car yet. :)

Eve was a giant dirt ball- she literally rolled in the sand.
In fact on Sunday- two baths later- I still found sand in her hair.
It was pretty cold, but not cold enough to NOT swim.
So I convinced the girls to swim in their panties.
I knew they would be miserable driving home in wet clothes, and I also knew there was no way they would keep their clothes dry.
Annie kept saying, "This is SO embarrassing."
Remind me to convince them NOT to swim in their panties when their older.

They played and played and played- and I took picture after picture after picture.
 Eve was a big girl and practiced her walking and yoga poses.

 Tessa finally warmed up to the water, so off went her clothes too.


 They played so good together- why can't they do this at home?
 Eve joined her sisters in the nude and nearly nude club. She was not embarrassed at all.

She did more walking with her dad- who is the best dad in the world.
Everyone had a blast- and it was different for us because it was spontaneous.
And if there is anything that I am not, it is spontaneous.
But as much as I love the plan, this proved that a little spontanaiety is a good thing.
Before we left Brock drove the car all crazy like on the beach.
The girls all screamed and cheered.
And without traffic, it took us 2 hours to get home.
I really, really loved this day.

No comments: