Monday, July 30, 2012

Go Mariners.

We drove from Spokane straight to Safeco Stadium to watch a Mariners game.
I bought the tickets online before we left, and then almost forgot to print them before we left.
Typical.
I learned that I've become quite a sporting event seat snob.
I guess I'm used to my parents getting us free, great seats.
I couldn't bring myself to buy seats in the bleachers even though they would have been great.
So we sat ten rows up and the seats were awesome.
I'm a sporting event seat snob.

 And, surprisingly, the girls loved it.
I learned right off the bat that they knew nothing about baseball.
We had to go over three strikes and how you score points.
They caught on pretty quick.
 The stadium was fantastic.
We spent a lot of time at the playground for the kids.
The food was really great.
I had a "wild" salmon sandwich that was awesome- and some organic lemonade.
The girls treated themselves to some organic hot dogs and organic cotton candy.



 They were happy and crazy- and then we had ice cream.
And then some guy walks up the aisle with chocolate covered strawberries on a stick.
Are you kidding me?
At a baseball game?
I wanted to buy one so bad, but I was nervous the people around us were counting our family calorie intake- so I didn't.
I totally regret it.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries on a Stick.
Such a great idea!
And the Mariners won.
And on our way out a few people even told us we had a "beautiful family."
Which was so nice of them because I was afraid everyone thought we had a crazy family, but that it was our own fault because we fed them hot dogs, lemonade, cotton candy and ice cream for dinner.
Baseball games are the best.

No comments: