Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baby Girl has a Party.

When my cousin Katie moved to Boise, she invited a bunch of people over for Fred's first birthday.
I wanted to be brave like Katie, so we invited a few families from the ward over for a BBQ to celebrate Evie's birthday.
I can't believe how sad it made me to have to accept that Eve is one. The fact that she was a dream baby is probably why I'm having such a hard time with her getting bigger. But it was fun decorating the house for our first party.
 We decorated the deck and put all the food out there. It was SO hot! I was so stressed that it would be too hot, but then 20 minutes before the party started it cooled down. I was so relieved. And then 20 minutes after the party started it started raining- and then 20 minutes later it started POURING. Everyone told us, "Welcome to Spokane!"
 So we moved the party inside- except for the kids. They went to the front porch that's covered. Then they spent the rest of the party playing in the rain on the hill... who knew that thing would be so much fun?
 And then it was time for cake. Eve was absolutely exhausted, but thorougly enjoyed the cupcake.
 And then made it known she was ready for BED!
So in typical Eve fashion, she spent the rest of the party sleeping so I could sit down and talk to the friends... she really is a baby straight from heaven.


Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

3 comments:

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

I am counting down the days until I get to see baby Eve and the rest of my darling granddaughters and hang out with one of the coolest chicks I know that also happens to be my daughter.

k8theriver said...

NICE JOB! i would love to do something like that for clive but we still don't have our yard done.
we need to get together sometime when you are here. maybe we can squeeze in by you at the parade. your mom invited us to a bbq. i hope she was serious because we have nothing planned.
also, i can kinda see your walls in these photos. resend those photos you once texted to me. i think my phone is ready to handle them.

Ryan and Angela said...

I wanna come! Am I too late? Or in the wrong ward? Andrea and Kami were crying about you leaving and taking your boat down payment. We miss you guys.