Annie and Kate at the BYU v. Marquette game.
The cheerleaders gave the girls stickers for their cheeks.
Can you tell Kate was proud of hers?
Tessa wouldn't wear hers, so I put it on Eve.
After the game, all of my family left on the charter to fly home.
We decided to stay and see the sights until Sunday.
First stop was Churchill Downs where they have the Kentucky Derby.
It was awesome.
I have to say I didn't know much about the Derby except for the hats.
We went on a tour and then spent about 12 minutes in the museum.
Their favorite part was the real, live horse and his tiny pony friend.
The girls loved the horse riding game in the museum.
Tessa loved Brock carrying her- the entire time.
Second Stop was the Louisville Slugger Factory.
I went to take this picture and Annie was holding the bat all wrong.
I can't believe I haven't taught her how to hold a bat!
I used to hit homeruns in high school.
(Insert Brock rolling his eyes right now.)
Kate had better natural form.
But she's all about looking good for the picture.
Just like her father.
(Insert Brock rolling his eyes, again.)
Tessa is bunting.
I was just hoping she didn't drop the bat.
I think it's famous or something.
The guy holding it was wearing gloves.
He didn't look completely comfortable with handing it over to Tessa.
But Tessa is not one to be left out of anything including holding famous bats.
They gave everyone these little bats at the end of the factory tour.
Tessa grabbed one and immediately started swinging it.
Brock saw it coming and managed to grab the bat before she took out a glass door or an irreplacable artifact.
These have all been confiscated and hidden.
This was one of my favorite places.
We went out to the suburbs to go to Target.
On the way back to the freeway we passed this cemetery.
Turns out that President Zachary Taylor was buried here.
It was really beautiful.
The Ohio River.
I am fascinated by these huge rivers.
Probably becasue I grew up in a desert.
We went to this Plantation.
The girls loved it.
They were fascinated by the idea of living in the "olden days."
And they were in love with the house.
In fact the next week we were in Spokane looking at homes.
Annie kept saying, "Let's find one like the house in Kentucky."
She has fantastic taste.
And it was a fantastic trip.
We loved Kentucky.
(It didn't hurt that it was in the eighties, either.)
No comments:
Post a Comment