| One of Annie's many self portraits. |
Annie is officially the worst at keeping secrets.
At the end of January, Brock started looking into taking a new job.
This job would require us to move.
He wanted to talk to the girls about it.
See what they thought.
They were thrilled.
They thought it would be "super fun."
We told them it was a secret.
A big secret.
Don't tell anyone.
The next day I got an email from her teacher saying,
"Is it true you guys might be moving?"
So much for keeping a secret.
***
But it's official now.
We are moving.
To Spokane, Washington.
Which is pretty close to Canada.
It is really beautiful and I think we are going to love it.
I say that as an expert because I've been there twice.
Brock loves the trees.
I love the lakes.
I want a boat.
Not right now, though.
First, I want a house.
Then I'll take a boat.
(just kidding Brock-
about the boat-
not the house.)
***
Dear Brock,
Congratulations on your new job.
You are a rock star.
You are the man.
Seriously though, how do you do it?
I am so excited for you.
You are going to be fantastic.
Thanks for taking me with you...
I think I'm going to love Spokane.
Love,
Chanell
***
So that's our big news.
And I really am excited...
and sad...
and freaking out...
and happy...
and stressed...
and ahhhhhhhhhh!!!
But it's going to be great, right?
Moving a family of six is no big deal, right?
It's going to be great.
It's going to be great.
It's going to be great.
6 comments:
how can i help?
Tell me your secret... How did you do it?
It's beautiful up there!!
I have a few friends who live there so if you're feeling lonely let me know ...they are awesome.
Not that you'll have a hard time making friends...because you're awesome too!
Congrats to you guys! We are completely and totally jealous that you'll be moving to Spokane. We weren't so sure about it during our first few months there, but after two years we didn't want to leave and now would do anything to move back. The girls will absolutely love Green Bluffs, an area of "you-pick" farms with the best produce you pick yourself and they have a big fall festival up there with lots of kid friendly activities. There are tons of awesome parks, Manito is the best. Not to mention you'll be close to Seattle, which has become one of my favorite cities ever. While it stinks to move, hopefully you guys will end up loving Spokane as much as we do. Congrats again!
You know that's where I grew up and I still have family and friends there. If you need any info or anything let me know. We will also be up there this summer for a few weeks and I would love to get together with you.
Congrats you guys!
Post a Comment