Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I am bad at Recovery.

My surgery went great.
Better than expected in fact.
I did have some tearing in the cartilage behind my patella,
and a little tearing in my medial meniscus,
and quite a bit of tearing in the lateral too.
Oh and there were a few cartilage pieces just floating around my knee- just for fun.
All that has been taken care of.
I was in and out of the hospital before lunch.
I felt pretty good after my surgery- no throwing up.
I was a little chatty with strangers.
I overheard some nurses trying to remember who wrote those vampire books.
"Stephanie Meyer" I shouted across the recovery room.
Brock said that I told everyone that I have four girls.
Everyone.
I got home and everything was under control and clean... even Tessa.
I stopped using my crutches the day after my surgery.
The girls were a little disappointed.
They thought the crutches were very exciting.
My mother came up and helped.
We completely exhausted her in about 6 hours, and she still stayed until Friday.
I thought about holding her hostage and making her live here.
My dad sensed that and called a bunch to make sure we got her to the airport on time.
Brock was fantastic all weekend long.
I think he and the girls like it when I'm stuck in bed- no rules.
But then he went back to work and I was on my own.
Monday was not so great.
Tuesday was not as good as Monday.
And today, well...
But I must remind myself that even at my best- Wednesdays always suck.
So let's hope for a better tomorrow- with more good and less stairs.

3 comments:

k8theriver said...

wish we still lived there.

Ashleigh said...

Hoping you have a quick and easy recovery. I just wanted to say your toe nails are sure pretty what a great color to help recover!

Baxter's said...

I'm so surprised you took the time to paint your nails.