So I had a bit of a hard week last week.
By the time Friday rolled around, I was a wreck.
My house was a mess.
The girls were sick and tired of being and the house and they were going crazy.
I had decided that my knee was going to hurt for the REST OF MY LIFE.
And the thought of going up, or even worse, down the stairs was enough to bring me to tears.
That is what Brock came home to on Friday.
Four crazy kids and a tearful wife.
I told him that I wanted to move.
He said, "OK... Where?"
"Anywhere."
You see I was in crisis and so when fight or flight set in- I pretty much chose flight.
He decided we should talk about it over dinner.
So we went out to dinner with the kids, and they were so thrilled to be out of the house that they were good.
Saturday came and he and I hung out at home and he brought me ice while I propped up my leg.
He brought me stuff, let me choose what basketball games to watch and made me laugh all day.
I went to Costco because you can only send your husband to the store so many times before your house ends up being filled with snacks and Gatorade- and he cleaned the house while I was gone.
Sunday we were on time to church-
Everyone had naps except Tessa-
We ate dinner-
Brock did the dishes-
And then gave Tessa a bath in the sink because she was covered in spaghetti-
And THEN he made me the best freakin' orange smoothie-ish drink on the planet-
And made me laugh some more.
And that's when I realized that I am one lucky girl.
So before he fell asleep from utter exhaustion, I told him that maybe I didn't really want to move.
I guess we can stay here.
After all I really like living here with him.
Maybe I could fight a little more and flight a little less.
It's worth a try.
p.s. I am not writing this so that anyone feels like they should have called to see if I needed help. I promise if you did call I would have said I'm fine and I don't need any help. That's pretty much how I roll. And I know that I have fantastic friends that would help me and family who would drive up in a second if I needed them. At all times I understood that this wasn't really a crisis- it just FELT like one.
Plus I think Brock likes playing the part of the White Knight- every once in a while.
A White Knight with a jihad-ist beard.
1 comment:
Brock...You Rock!!!
Post a Comment