Halloween is approaching.
I am not ready.
Tessa is trying to get us in the spirit with her favorite book.
She is obsessed with this book.
It is called A Very Brave Witch.
It's a cute story.
We should know.
We have read it a thousand times.
She is very scared of the page with the skeleton hands coming up out of the ground.
I wonder why we try to scare the crap out of kids and call it a holiday.
Like our neighbor who's house is really scary most of the year
because there are shady people constantly coming and going from there.
They have spent the last three weeks setting up a "haunted house" on their yard.
Creepy house just got creepier, folks.
I told Brock that we would be skipping that house.
That's just the kind of house that has candy laced with LSD.
I'm sure he will be thrilled that I've given everyone such a glowing picture of our neighborhood.
Probably not so good for resale value,
but doesn't every neighborhood have a creepy house?
Anyway...
I really need to figure out costumes for Annie and Kate.
Katie, my creative cousin, where are you when I need you?
You love Halloween.
I hate the pressure to be creative, but like the holiday.
Our theme is "fairy tale."
Because I already have costumes for Eve and Tessa
and "fairy tale" ties the random, but already completed costumes together.
Any easy ideas for costume ideas would be appreciated.
Kate wants to be a witch- we've got a hat-
so I figure I just need to throw on a black outfit and paint her face green, right?
But Annie isn't on board with the theme.
She wants to be a BSU Soccer player... really.
Costumes- not my favorite.
Making dinner in a pumpkin,
drinking spooky root beer with dry ice,
eating pumpkin sugar cookies,
trick-or-treating,
all my favorite.
(And after re-reading, I've realized all of my favorite things have to do with food...
That sounds about right.)

3 comments:
I've got nothing for you. I hated that part of Halloween as well. We do like the food and scaring the crap out of children.
At least if she was a volleyball player it would take away a little bit of the sting :)
oh man, i am failing this year, rachel is sewing chloe's but i have to make stella's. she wants to be an octopus. dan is out of town all week so i'm in charge of pumpkins and corn mazes--oh yeah-- and moving into our home. all while carrying around a not-easy baby that has a cold. all i want to do is eat all that food you mentioned.
good luck.
Post a Comment