Sunday, October 30, 2011

The best. Sugar Cookies. Ever.

Happy Halloween.
My treat to you is the best, ever Sugar Cookie Recipe.
It's my Grandma Lang's recipe.
It is good.
You should make them today.

1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix together
Add 1 c. sour cream
Mix

Sift together
3 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Fold in with wet ingredients.
Roll out and cut with cookie cutter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Let them cool and then frost with cream cheese frosting.

Tips:
1. (This one is from my mother) Put the dough in the refrigerator for a couple hours or overnight. It makes it easier to roll out- not so sticky.
2. (This one is from me) If you are undecided between done or not done- error on the side of underdone. Too soft is better than too done- and if you ask me, there is no such thing is underdone because dough is good.

I hope you like them. And sorry if the recipe is not in actual, official recipe form. I think I just wrote it down how my Grandma read it to me on the phone. I used to call her and say, "So, I need the recipe for the..." And everytime she would go dig through her recipes and say how she needed to organize them. I really miss her.

No comments: