Friday, September 16, 2011

my birthday.


I woke up on my birthday to a "special" surprise.
Annie made me pancakes with a side of zuchinni bread.
I ate my "delicious" breakfast and then came downstairs to survey the damage.
The kitchen was such a mess, but at least no one had any first degree burns.
And, if I overlooked the giant mess, I had to admit that was pretty sweet of her.
Like, super sweet... love that girl.
Then Kate gave me the card she made.
She said that she didn't know how to spell "birthday,"
so she just wrote "HAPPY MOM."
 Brock invited me out to lunch, so as a gift to him,
I did my hair, wore my new scarf (thank you Stasie),
and put on lipstick- ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
 Brock surprised me at Baja Fresh by proposing again.
Just kidding, but he did get my wedding ring fixed.
I haven't worn it in two years, so I was really excited to have it back.
Isn't it pretty?
 Then he told me that he had work to do at home, so I should go get a massage or a pedicure.
I chose a pedicure because I think massages are awkward.
And then I went grocery shopping at Costco- by myself.
I looked at ALL of the books.

Then I organized my pantry.
I have decided that organization is the best gift.
It is the gift that keeps on giving.
Everytime I open the door and see my canned goods lined up,
I am happy.
And to finish off my birthday with a bang...
I went to Back to School Night and a PTA Meeting.
That might not sound that fun to you,
but I am 30 now and that's the stuff that responsible 30 year olds do.
And just as I was feeling all old and on top of my life, like I know what's up now-
I tried to draw a stallion/horse on a note for Annie at school-
and not kidding it looked worse then any first grader drawing in the entire classroom.
So, I learned that my art skills are a little behind.
But my organizational and pedicure-getting skills are right on par.
But it was a fantastic day-
Being 30 rocks.

3 comments:

Taylor Rose said...

Why are you so awesome? I hope I'm like you when I grow up.

Ryan and Angela said...

HOLY CRAP! Look at that pantry!!! I see PTA President in your future...

Chanell said...

No chance, Ang!