Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The end is near...

That is me today.
I am 38 weeks pregnant,
and 1 week away from induction.
I am c.o.u.n.t.i.n.g. down the days.
And the closer I get to the end, the worse I feel.
The last week or so has been like a firework finale of sickness and horribleness.
Like Stadium of Fire finale.
But... only 7 more days.
And I can do practically anything for 7 days.
But do you want to know what I have been doing?
I have been on a mad dash to prepare for the apocalypse, armageddon, the last frontier-
I have never, EVER been this nervous to actually HAVE the baby-
because I have to HAVE it and then KEEP it.
And then that means I will have 4 kids that I'm in charge of.
You may think this sounds ridiculous, but I do not feel prepared to take care of 4 children.
How is anyone prepared to take care of 4 children.
4 is too many to take care of.
So I'm stocking up.
Everyday I find myself at a store buying things because that will make me a better mother.
Just kidding- I don't know why I keep buying stuff.
Brock followed me around Costco (pushing our second cart, mind you) saying things like:
"Hey Chanell, I can always go to the store for you."
"Don't feel like you have to shop for the entire summer today."
"I have Cafe Rio's number on speed dial- we will be ok."
This is coming from the guys who has single handedly fed our family for 9 months
because I hate food.
Food is the enemy.
But all of a sudden I have taken the family feeding responsibility back
and I am back. With a vengeance.
But, Oh my, the pantry looks so pretty... exactly what I was going for.
I have diapers stocked for the rest of Tessa's life.
I have paper towels, toilet paper and otter pops to last the summer.
And yesterday I took on the girls summer wardrobes...
and hairbows.
They may or may not have 2 or 3 4th of July outfits each.
Why?
Because it's freaking cute- and I have 4 girls.
Oh ya, don't forget the dollar store- they have coloring books to last- and flashcards.
Because that's what everybody NEEDS this summer is flashcards.
And glow sticks.
Last night it was Target for more onesies for the baby- and her own lotion,
so she won't have to share with Tessa.
And then I find myself making lists at night of more things we need- "baby needs more socks."
The other thing I do- is throw massive amounts of things away.
Me and the DI guys are tight right now.
Love that DI drive through.
And I buy drinks from Sonic- with extra ice.
Love that Sonic drive through.
So pretty much, here is me in nutshell.
I am having a baby in 7 days.
I am freaking nervous about it.
So to distract myself from the impending change, I:
-buy lots of stuff
-organize cupboards and closets
-buy more stuff
-and eat ice
Don't you think I'm totally ready for this baby...
I. cannot. wait.
:)

7 comments:

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

You better have this baby before you max out your credit cards. Sorry Brock, I don't know where she gets this from.

k8theriver said...

you look great. i hope the nesting phase hits me at least a little bit. i have nothing for this baby. or the pantry.

Kim said...

Maybe four is the magic number for feeling unprepared. I felt the same way with Owen. Totally unprepared and totally scared for him to actually make an appearance. He came early and I remember just crying to Jeff that I wasn't ready to have the baby because I thought I had nine days more of freedom. You will do fine and if things are totally crazy for awhile that's fine too, because my house has never been as messy and an unorganized as it has been since Owen was born. Oh well this too shall pass. You're going to do great.

Baxter's said...

I'm just crying. I will pray a little too...for you. :-) You will do great.

lisalisa said...

You got this girl! I would like to say I know how you feel but I was doing all of this with just my third. I think we'll stop here. ;) BTW you are one HOT pregnant lady!!!(no joke!)

1littlemom said...

I love u Chanell. I hope u keep a journal the way u blog. What a treasure- you have such a way of expressing yourself that is not only hilarious, but totally true to everyones experience as well. You are not alone cute friend. You hang in there. Your girls are so lucky they get you for their mom.

Casey said...

Sounds like nesting has set in :) no matter how many trips you make now, it seems after baby comes, there is still something that was forgotten :). Good luck this week! And even better luck the next week :) I really hope Tessa will be good to you. I think that is the hardest adjustment here is with Talon. I'm having Marc put those hotel locks on all of the tops of the doors, because when I am nursing I don't stand a chance with that kid, he is out the door and gone in a matter of seconds or he is into the fridge, pantry, toothpaste, scissors, markers whatever he can geb his hands on. :). I Hope every thing goes well! Let us know the next time you r in Utah, we would love to meet her.