| Remeber when Jimmer scored 52 points? Me too. We were there. |
And officially I am crazy.
After driving to Provo to see them beat Wyoming to be Conference Champs,
I drove to Vegas to watch the LAST, EVER tournament in the Thomas and Whack Center.
It was a fantastic trip because my girls were in Provo with Brock's sister.
And it was warm.
And remember when Jimmer scored 52 points?
Me too.
Awesome.
and I get even crazier.
We took the whole family to Denver for the NCAA's.
It was fantastic because the team won and then won AGAIN.
And me and Tessa had some quality bonding time while she hung out on my lap.
Annie documented our fun with Brock's phone...
And then just for the FUN of it...
Tessa and I flew to New Orleans for the Sweet Sixteen.
So she got to sit on my lap on the plane AND at the game.
She pretty much hated it more than anything else in her entire life.
But I am so glad I went because that is one ridiculous accomplishment for those dudes.
To carry those expectations all year.
And then to meet and excede them- unbelievable.
I do have to confess that with four minutes to go in the game I started to cry.
I was not prepared for the PRESSURE.
I wanted them to win- I wanted them to make shots.
And then when it went to OT- I started crying again.
Famous guy, Chad Lewis saw me crying and asked if I was nervous.
Uh, more like having a nervous breakdown.
Too. Much. Pressure.
Not. Enough. Baskets.
My mom was frantic trying to find me some anti-anxiety medication
that I am sure pregant women should not take without a prescription.
But I managed to get a grip- without the medication,
but then Tessa tore her lucky flower out of her hair and then we lost.
I partly blame the loss on Tessa's missing lucky flower,
but mostly I blame the refs.
'Cause I'm a ref-blamin' kind of girl.
Always have been- always will.
But I really love that team.
We all do.
Annie asked if we could drive down to watch Jimmer, Jackson and Logan graduate.
I am positive she doesn't know what graduate means.
That sounds fun though-
Hopefully I would get to hold Tessa on my lap the whole time.
That would be fantastic.
And for a quick sidenote:
I am so glad that I went to the Big Easy because how else would I have known that
New Orleans stinks.
New Orleans stinks.
Literally stinky- but luckily I was able to REALLY appreciate it
because I was pregnant so every smell was magnified by a thousand-
(pee + BO + rotting garbage) x 1,000 = New Orleans.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you were along for the ride but I'm pretty sure the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce is not calling anytime soon for your endorsement.
Post a Comment