Monday, April 18, 2011

Right or Left?

So did I ever tell you how I think Tessa is left handed?
Weird.
She always eats with her left hand, but just when I'm sure she's left handed she'll switch and eat with her right- just to fake me out.
I was kind of worried about it just because it seems like it's a pain to be left handed- and your writing always gets smeared.
But on the brightside, it just adds that much more the the Reichner Sisters Scouting Report.
Kind of like when we played Hawaii my sophomore year- and their post players were twins- and one was #54 and the other was #45- and I get my numbers confused easily- and everytime down the court I would guard the wrong girl until my whole team started yelling at me and pointing to the girl I was supposed to guard.
When people try and guard my girls- they won't know which way they're gonna go.
That's if they even play basketball...
Annie wants to sign up for gymnastics- which fits her body type perfectly! :)
Talk about a fake out- "Wow. You are really tall. You must play basketball."
"Nope. I'm a gymnast."
Awesome.

6 comments:

Ryan and Angela said...

Cody totally was the same way. Even now he still sometimes colors with his left hand. But he is more into dogs than sports.

Johnson Fam said...

Warren is a lefty and he doesn't find it a pain at all. he holds his hand a what looks to me like an awkward angle but he doesn't drag it across the paper and smear everything. Kids are great at adjusting.

Darci said...

Sounds like you have the makings of a genius! For there are few who are blessed enough to be able to use both hands;) It's really not confusing in fact it's quite fun!

Michelle said...

Rex is left handed as well. And something freaky... so is his great-Grandpa Rex who he is named after. Grandpa Rex is actually ambidextrous (can do things with both hands) because when he was little it wasn't cool to be left-handed so they forced them to write right handed. Crazy huh?
So far I haven't noticed it hindering anything my Rex does.

Taylor Rose said...

Perfect. My front row is complete. Kate on the outside, Annie in the middle and Tess on the right side. Lefties make great right sides. Unless she is 6'5, then she can be middle. We played a 6'5 left handed middle, and she crushed the ball on the ten foot line probably 30 times. Now this next one just needs to be either really short, to play my libero, or have soft hands and be my setter. Dream. Team.

Liisa said...

I vote for little gymnasts... just like you and Garrett use to be in the good old days. Remember how much fun you and Cassidee use to have at those tumbling meets?!?