Tonight I took the girls to Panda Express (which I HATE). But the girls were really wanting to eat noodles with chopsticks. And since taking them to Panda Express meant I wouldn't have to cook it worked for me.
After answering a million questions about China and one lesson about the rotation of the earth-we got to Panda Express.
I asked the lady at the register for chopsticks and she looked at me like I was a crazy person, but then finally, reluctantly handed them to me. The girls were really excited about the chopsticks only to be disappointed that they were stuck together. I broke them apart and watched as they tried to eat with chopsticks. Kate busted out the one chopstick in each hand technique which was a little messy. Annie started trying to stab her food. Twenty minutes later they were STILL trying to eat with chopsticks.
Annie finally looked up at me and said, "I thought eating with chopsticks would be fun, but this isn't fun at all." So I handed her a fork and she finished her noodles.
Kate decided she didn't like noodles anyway, so she didn't worry about trying to eat. She was more interested in asking more about China.
"Mom, do they have lemonade in China?"
"Uh. Maybe. Probably."
"Do they have milk in China?"
"Yes. They have milk."
"How about straws, mom. Do they have straws in China?"
"I'm not sure if they have straws."
"That means you're not smart, mom."
Oh, my girls. Love them.
p.s. I will be taking my girls out to lunch and dinner tomorrow. Call me if you'd like to join. I'm not cooking until Sunday. Except ramen noodles- I'll cook those.
1 comment:
DID THEy ask, "do they have forks?"
i may or may not join you. quick meals at home are usually gross. but taking kids out is hard work. why don't you bring us some take out? ha ha. :)
Post a Comment