Monday, December 6, 2010

A Miraculous Thanksgiving.

 For the first time in my life, I HOSTED Thanksgiving.
It was so fun having Jack, Heidi, Liberty, Jackson and Athena up from Utah.
And to top it off Brock's dad even made the trip.
Katie and her family came too- bringing appetizers that my kids loved so much
 they didn't care to eat any dinner.
 Tessa and some crackers.
(I took like 10 pictures and they all are random and lame- like Tessa eating crackers at Thanksgiving.)
 Heidi and Liberty helping in the kitchen.
 Rolls. I made those.
 The kid table.
The chocolate turkeys were a big hit.
 The "adult" table.
I got all my cups at the DI- with no discount mind you.
I had to find random dishes because I didn't have enough for everyone.
So my tables are very random- I mean eclectic. 
 The punch- made by Jack.
And the FOOD. 
I call it my Thanksgiving miracle because everything tasted GOOD-really GOOD.
Can you believe it?
I am never hosting Thanksgiving again.
It's like when I played basketball at BYU and I accidentally hit a three.
I was 100% from the three point line for my career.
I should have never shot the second one.
Right now I am 100% for Thanksgiving Dinners.
I am so proud.
And I am getting take-out for Christmas Eve.

4 comments:

k8theriver said...

oh man, i want some more of that food. my mouth is watering.

Amanda Warren said...

Your table is gorgeous, Chanell! And, the food looked oh-so-good!

Virginia said...

Wow, Nice Thanksgiving layout/spread. It gets easier the more times you host. Good Job!

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

I think you were getting a little help from above. Grandma Lang would be proud. I am. Way to go!