Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Here's what I'm thinking...

Yesterday Brock told me that I changed my mind a lot.
I don't know what he's talking about.
He said that I told him last week I wanted an apron and a pedicure for my birthday.
And then yesterday I said I wanted a peach tree and maybe a pear tree for the backyard.
Oh and maybe a partridge to put in my pear tree for Christmas.
And I might have asked for new countertops the day before that.
Minor requests.
I guess he has a point, but it's hard to stay focused when there are so many things to be done.
So to avoid anymore confusion I am posting my official birthday request...
Dear Brock,
I am almost positive I want a peach tree for my birthday.
I think it would look super nice in between the playhouse and the garden (see photo above).
I am sorry I change my mind a lot.
I bet that bugs.
Love, Chanell
p.s. Thanks for the fire pit. I really love it.  Thanks for building me a fire in 7o mph winds.  It's also good to know that all eagle scouts use gasoline to start fires. You da best.
***
It's my last day being 28 and I'm pumped. I never liked being 28.  It sounded matronly to me. Doesn't 29 sound sassy? I think so too.

4 comments:

Cummards said...

Your birthday week post made me laugh so freaking hard! I don't know if you ever heard the story about my birthday just a few months after we were married (I call it the worst birthday of my entire life)...well ever since then, there is no thinking that Lee is just so awesome he will know just what to do. I'm pretty straight forward and things have been great ever since!

I have told you a million times, but I love reading your blog! And tell Brock you aren't changing your mind just adding to the list!

Cummards said...

Oh yeah, stupid me...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

k8theriver said...

dan just bought me a gift certificate for laser hair removal. i guess i've asked for it multiple times. but now i'm thinking, "that could be a new couch, or a trip, or..." i mean, really, how hard is it to shave your pits? would i really pay $$$ to get out of that?
at least you changed your mind before he bought it.

Michelle said...

Good job on telling him exactly what you want! I have finally learned to do that after too many years of trying to hint and thinking guys actually got hints. Happy Birthday! Can't wait until next year when you join the 30 club!