Monday, September 13, 2010

Birthday Week Begins.

Picture of me in San Diego at the Mormon Battalion Museum.
My birthday is not as fun as a week in San Diego, but way more fun than crossing the plains.


Today marks the beginning of my birthday week.
Yes folks, that's right, one day is not enough to fit in all the celebrating.
I really love my birthday.
I really love getting older.
I really don't mind at all.
It's so fun.
Su-per fun.
***
Somebody needs to tell my kids it's my birthday week.
They are not being very fun.
They are kind of bugging me.
Birthday Rule #1- Don't bug me.
***
The interview with my dad is coming later.
I've had a hard time finding an opening with him for my questions.
I'm not sure if he respects my blog.
Birthday Rule #2- Respect my blog.
***
Last night I developed a RIDICULOUS migraine.
It was B-A-D.
I had a meeting, so I took some medicine that was on the stronger side.
I went to the meeting and talked A LOT.
I tried to tell myself to stop, but my mouth just kept going and going...
blah blah food storage blah blah dry pack canning blah blah emergency...
It was kind of embarrassing.
Birthday Rule #3- Stay away from the meds and the meetings.
***
You know how some people never, ever mention their birthdays,
and then it's kind of like a friendship test to see if you remember?
Well, that's not me.
In fact I'm so informative about my birthday it's almost obnoxious...
or maybe is obnoxious.
Anyway, I learned long ago that if I have high expectations for the day,
I should try and meet most of them myself.
Then whatever Brock and the girls do, it always exceeds my expectations.
So on Saturday I bought sparkle cake and sparkle frosting to make sparkle cupcakes for my birthday.
Brock was relieved to see I'd started planning my day.
(And I'd like to apologize to all of my friends who I forgot it was your birthday and failed the friendship test.)
Birthday Rule #4- Help others to exceed your high birthday expectations.
***
And finally I'd like to discuss the benefits of a birthday week.
Back to my high expectations- if I put all of my hopes and dreams into one day,
I would most definitely be disappointed.
Someone would get sick or Brock would have to work extra or it would rain or something.
But if you have a week, you can be like, "That's cool, we'll just celebrate tomorrow or Saturday."
See...pressure's off.
Birthday Rule #5- Celebrate all week for maximum birthday benefits.
Here's to SEVEN DAYS of BIRTHDAY BLISS.

6 comments:

k8theriver said...

i don't have yw's this week so i can tend your kids on your actual birthday. so plan something.

Angela and Mike said...

happy birthday week! I like that idea. Mike always says he gets a birthday month. riiiiight :)

Angela and Mike said...

happy birthday week! I like that idea. Mike always says he gets a birthday month. riiiiight :)

Amanda Warren said...

Happy soon-to-be Birthday, Chanell! I passed the friendship test-- I do know that your birthday is this Wednesday! Loved this blog entry. Very funny.

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

I'm so glad you extended your birthday because the other part of your present won't be there on the 15th. I love your idea so I am going to start telling everyone that my birthday is coming up on 10/10/10. Happy Birthday! What a lucky mom I am to have you for my daughter.

Caroline said...

cute post :) and happy happy birthday week to you!