| Picture of the West Coast (somewhere in Oregon). Pretty isn't it? |
Today BYU joined the West Coast Conference.
I think that this was a good move.
I think that trading road trips to Laramie and Albuquerque
for road trips to Malibu and Portland is a good idea.
Really good idea and really good trade.
(no offense Albuquerque- you have really good mexican food,
and no offense Laramie- you have really good...
you are a really "sweet spirit.")
I think that the 8 year deal with ESPN is awesome.
The fact that I'll save $600.00 a year
when I get to drop the super fancy MTN channel is super fancy awesome.
I think that this whole thing will be big time.
Way to go Cougars.
I know there are many who are ANGRY at Brigham Young for this move.
I'm sorry we hurt your feelings and made you so ANGRY.
I'm sure they will show us how ANGRY they are all year.
I would tell them all how ridiculous I think they are,
but the only thing LAMER than a former player/coach's son tweeting about it,
is a former player/coach's daughter posting on her "mommy blog" about it.
So I will refrain.
But I must say that I am thrilled about the WCC Tournament in Las Vegas on a real, live neutral court.
(The WCC has a lot of pride in their academic excellence. The fact that when they say their tournament is neutral, it actually means the tournament is NEUTRAL. I think that shows they really are super smart.)
I can't wait to get out of the MWC and head for the WCC.
(No offense, Mr. Thompson- I think you're a "sweet spirit" too.)
***
p.s. I plan on "interviewing" my dad for my blog about the big move.
I know all six of my readers will be interested in what he has to say.
If you have any questions for him, post them in my comments.
I promise I will ask him.
I do not promise he will answer, but it will still be fun.
***
p.s. I plan on "interviewing" my dad for my blog about the big move.
I know all six of my readers will be interested in what he has to say.
If you have any questions for him, post them in my comments.
I promise I will ask him.
I do not promise he will answer, but it will still be fun.
12 comments:
You are a mess! A funny mess! Thanks for making me laugh after my rotten day. My question for Coach Rose is not really a question more a suggestion. If the gyms in the WCC don't have air conditioning and it's hot, don't wear taupe pants!
I love this! You are a super smart girl. Thanks for the laugh.
Love it. Love reading your blog. Have been waiting for you to post about it since I found out yesterday! :) Thank you. My question for your dad is "Will you please come play in Logan???? PLEASE!"
Love the recent posts and the passive aggressive...or just aggressive tone to them :).
I have a few questions for Uncle Dave slash Coach Rose.
I'll start with my most burning question.
1) Reportedly ESPN and BYUtv have better HD cameras than the MTN. I'm unconvinced, as I don't know how you improve on perfect. But if that's true, will this mean a return to hair coloring? :)
2) Would Dave be willing to push for a 10th WCC member...Rutgers? I need a backyard game in Jersey. I believe their religion is Guido so it could still be a cultural fit.
3) Please name the thing you will miss most about winter trips to Laramie. Now please name a second.
4) How would you feel if BYUtv hired the Coach Marty Fletcher for post-game commentary/shouting? He's grown on me, so personally I'm rooting for this to happen. And I'd like Kirkland to be on the set with him. With Todd Christensen.
5) Ok a serious sports question. Seems like Thompson is pretty burned (we are "the school who won't be named"), and Wyoming's AD said he won't schedule us (I'm losing sleep over that one), but how do you think Alford, Fisher, and Krueger are taking this?
More importantly, can we now possibly replace Southern/Wagner type games with UNM, UNLV, and SDSU? A contingent of UNM/UNLV/SDSU/Utah/USU along with a high profile game or two via ESPN (a bigger BCS name) plus the typical filler, followed by a conference with Gonzaga and St. Mary's sounds fantastic if doable.
I am getting more and more excited about this deal as it sets in. Better exposure, better locations, better fans and less animosity, better fit for our recruiting purposes (we land more guys from CA than WYO/CO for example).
RPI could be a net wash with a slight downgrade in conference strength and slide upgrade in preason strength, so the rest is all upside.
Bring on 2010-2011 with the Jimmer fanfare and then bring on the WCC!
This will be good, I hate watching BYU play UNLV in Las Vegas, it is never a fair game come tourney time.
Also Now i can cheer on both teams.
dear uncle dave,
what is your favorite memory of me? and please don't mention the time i peed my pants in your car on the way from st. george to meadow. (i never fessed up but i'm sure you knew.)
also, does the fact that i care nothing for basketball make me your favorite neice? i never hit you up for tickets--that's gotta score me some points.
congratulations on whatever it is that just happened.
katie
I too am excited for the WCC. I think it's awesome that the conference is a group of faith-based schools so we totally fit in!
I enjoy reading you blog. You need a followers widget though.
HAHA, DID GREG just post like a thousand questions? That's my bro in law.
I laughed hard at your "Sweet spirit" comments. You are hysterical.
GO WCC.
Gonzaga>>Any other MWC team.
My question for Coach Rose--How come you're so much more like-able than Bronco? I kid..I kid....kind of.
I do have a real question--Which did he enjoy more---Being runner-up in the championship back in the 80's, or coaching the Cougars now?
(I've seen his picture at the U of H when I was there...they should have won that game)
I'm just grateful we won't have a taupe pants gaffe because of who your dad is married too. Phew! Other than the obvious question...."Aren't you going to miss your much anticipated trip to Laramie, WY? How can you cope having to replace that with Malibu and San Diego?" I would like to ask, "What will you miss?(cause I would miss The Pit....in all seriousness, that's a cool place to play."
I imagine this is a really big deal. So I'm happy for everyone involved.
Post a Comment