Monday, August 23, 2010

One more week...


This is our last week of summer.
A week from today Annie starts Kindergarten.
She is pumped.
But first we have a week full of summer awesomeness...
like swimming
and flip flops
and playing with friends (Annie's favorite)
and wearing your swimsuit at 7:30 am (Kate's favorite- not mine),
but NOT sleeping in
because my children don't believe in sleeping in.
***
And tomorrow I am having a ward "swap."
We are swapping kid's clothes and stuff for back to school.
Our ward has never done one of these, so we'll see how it goes.
I'll let you know.
Let me know if you have any tips on "swapping."
I'm not a professional "swapper,"
but I am striving to improve on my providential/frugality skills.
***
Oh and did I mention Annie starts Kindergarten in a week.
I was thinking about that last night and had a tiny anxiety attack
which is funny 'cause I've been counting down the days
'til she started Kindergarten since '06.
But apparently I'm kind of freaked out by the monumental milestone.
I hope I'm not one of those crazy moms that CRIES when she sends her kid to kindergarten.
That would be so embarrassing.
One more week to get it together before the big day.

3 comments:

k8theriver said...

dan said annie's name wasn't on any of the lists at school. maybe she doesn't have to go.

i'm glad we can help you out with pool and swimsuit access.

i'll be watching for tears next monday.

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

Maybe she's not on the list because she's like her mom and is too smart for kindergarten so they moved her straight to 1st grade. And yes, I cried when you went to 1st grade.

Chanell said...

She wasn't on the list because her mother (who was too smart for kindergarten) wasn't smart enough to get her immunization card to the school. Don't worry. I took it to them today and they said it was no big deal. Just big enough to cross her name off the class list with a black permanent marker.
Please don't tell Annie that her formerly bright mother is a moron.