Welcome to Miss Annie's tea party...
Annie wanted to have a tea party.
I am trying to say "yes" more.
***
(Because last summer I was on the couch 95% of the time saying "no" and watching West Wing- all 9 seasons- pausing it to get off the couch and throw up. Pretty much I was kind of a downer last summer.)
***
So we had a tea party.
It was fabulous.
The girls were all dressed for the occasion.
Miss Annie's hat was so impressive that you can't even see Miss Stella.
I told them all to use their best
"tea party manners."
Then I brought out the first course- strawberries and yogurt.
One of the Misses said,
"I don't eat strawberries.
The last time I ate strawberries I threw up in a garbage.
I don't like strawberries.
Yuck."
Then we had cupcakes.
Miss Kate licked the frosting off the top of hers and tried to grab a second cupcake. You should have heard the uproar from the Misses. No seconds at this tea party.
Miss Kate started to cry.
Then I turned on some classical music and they started dancing around the front yard.
I looked out the window to check on them and saw one of the misses going around the table and sipping from each and everyone's tea cup. Not drinking all of it...just taking little sips and then putting it back and moving on to the next.
So much for
"tea party manners."
After the tea party was over Miss Annie said she couldn't wait to have another. I tried to explain that we couldn't have tea parties a lot- that it was a special occasion
(there was a lot of drama- drama makes me tired).
She said, "That's ok! I'll just ask to do something different."
It looks like I will get a lot of opportunities to say "yes."
***
Speaking of if doing stuff...
Annie and Kate are having a lemonade stand tomorrow.
Come on over...
if you mention my blog we will give you a discount...
:)
Happy Summer!


2 comments:
Way to go yes mom!
Annie, Mamish and Bampa are on the plane coming home from Europe where the ladies have tea everyday. Bampa says it's because their husbands are at the pubs watching football. When you come to "Cousins Camp" we will have a tea party.
Post a Comment