Remember that time I posted about having a "mellow March"? Ya me too- it was a nice idea in theory, but then 10 hours later I ended up in the ER with a perfeated (I still don't know if I believe that's an actual word) appendix. Less than 24 hours later I was in surgery having that appendix removed. Then 24 hours later I was home. Kind of funny huh.
Poor Brock has been taking care of me and three girls under the ag of 5.
Poor Tessa has switched completely to formula until I can sub back in.
Poor Annie and Kate- actually they've been great- Brock's a champ.
Poor me- I thought I was tough 'n stuff after going epidural-less with Tessa- but found out that I am not good when I'm in pain- felt bad for whoever was around me in the ER cause I was sort of freakin' out LOUDLY- cause it freakin' HURT.
Then my nurse said it's probably kidney stones- and she had 16 kidney stones once- or in other words- be quiet you big whimp. And you know what- I didn't care if she had a million kidney stones- mine hurt worse.
Then me and my worst enemy named "contrast" had a visit to the cat scan- they said my appendix looked great- but the cat scan lied- big liar face. Dr. Martin went in anyway and found it all jacked up and took it right out- best part about that is you don't even need an appendix- so it worked out great for me. Except that it kind of hurt- the surgery did- even though it was a scope. And Brandon Davies had his appendix out with a scope and he was walking around and "moving" so he was back playing basketball a couple weeks later- I found out that I'm not as tough as Brandon Davies. I'm moving but not fast at all- kind of slow.
Then I ticked off Dr. Martin because I didn't like the pain meds so I went off of them, but then I didn't like the pain so I wanted the meds back- he wanted me to take something that makes me crazy and throw up. I hate pain meds and I hate pain so it's tricky trying to figure out the delicate balance. And guess what one side effect is of me and pain meds...rambling. And most of the time rambling and making no sense- so sorry about the post but thought you might be interested in the Chanell Reichner version of a Mellow March and just think it's only the 6th of March- the possibilities of excitement are endless.
Did I mention that I love Brock and I decided that if one of us had to go it better be me because HE IS AMAZING. He is taking such good care of all of us.
P.S. I'm glad that it wasn't my time to go. Cause my life here is pretty sweet. Thanks to all of the cool people I have the chance to know and love- you guys are so cool. Love all of you.
8 comments:
Wowza! I don't think I'm going to post on my blog for the entire month because you just topped any story I had to tell! I'm glad your home!
I have the same issues with pain meds. I like to feel in control and alert, but I also don't want to feel pain. Hmmm, let me know when you figure that one out.
Well I'm glad it's all over before the tournament! Good luck with your mellow march!
if you ever notice your phone unplugged at 10:30 pm, don't think, "oh well, no one will call." instead think, "someone might need me in an emergency."
OH NO, I'm so sorry Chanell! Maybe the rest of March will be mellow? I hope you recover quickly and that pain will go away soon too! I'm sorry...
Chanel, you guys have had one of those years it seems like! We understand, we had one of those as well. SO glad you have kept your humor. You should feel so excited that you get to have one of my meals tomorrow night. It may just make you want to do it all over again! ;) Haha yea right.
I'm just really glad it wasn't on the plane on the way to Vegas cause with your thought process that would've been BAD. Unbelievable. So glad you are okay...and don't you just love "those" kind of nurses. Seriously.
We are so glad you are okay. (I wonder how much my appendix weighs??? If I don't need it, I'm sure it's just taking up space and weight in there.)
Goodness girl! Um. . . I would just like to say that I think you are tougher than Brandon Davies, he hasn't had 3 children. Nor was/is his body recovering from a newborn. So you totally kick his butt in that department!!!!!! And the nerve of some nurse's honestly, who do they think they are.
Oh and I am glad you are okay
Yikes that sounds like a rough couple of days (and however long recovery is going to be).
I sure hope this cruel twist of irony doesn't end up meaning you guys can't make it to Vegas (which would I guess ensure a "mellow March" watching the game laid up on a couch instead of surrounded by drunk Rebels).
But I would guess that traveling so soon after surgery might be tough. I hope for my sake (and the rest of the Rose fam) you guys are able to make it to Vegas so we can see you. Hopefully you will heal quickly and feel better soon, but if not don't push it and I'll get into a scrum with some Rebel fans in your honor ;).
Mike and I are sitting in the Wyoming section for Thurs and Friday...yep, should be interesting. Good luck this week!
Post a Comment