BASKETBALL,
My father is competitive...
like REALLY competitive...
like the MOST competitive person
I've ever met.
He's pretty much
cRAzY cOMpEtiTiVE.
When it comes to
BASKETBALL,
My mother is anxious...
like REALLY anxious...
like the MOST anxious person
I've ever met.
She's pretty much
cRAzY aNXiOuS.
So...
what happens when you put the two together?
you
get
ME.
And
when it comes to
BASKETBALL,
I'm just
pLAiN cRAzY.
Seriously though
I am
and it's not even my fault.
I was
BORN THIS WAY.
I've tried everything to reverse it,
but when it's an
important game,
a big game-
I find myself
FREAKING OUT.
I've tried to talk sense into myself.
But
I can't.
Cause I'm pLAiN cRAzY.
I have LOST it
at games
SO MANY TIMES
and in
SO MANY WAYS.
I've cried.
I've got into fights.
I've screamed.
I've stomped
(which once again is NOT my fault.
The stomp has been passed on to me
by my father.
It's like instinct.)
and jumped.
I (usually) don't swear-
cause I think it's bad luck.
(Brock does NOT think it's bad luck.)
Oh and I've prayed too
and did I mention
I've cried.
BUT today I will be calm.
The Cougars are playing for a chance to go to the
SWEET SIXTEEN.
OH HOW I WANT THEM TO WIN...
but I will fight ALL my cRAzy instincts
and try to
ENJOY
this game.
Cause this game is
SPECIAL.
For my cRAzY aNxiOuS mother-
who by the way is
TOTALLY holding it together-
like a CHAMP.
AND for my cRAzY cOMpEtiTiVE dad.
I am so thrilled for them
BOTH.
This is such an AMAZING thing for them.
But,
I WILL
still be praying.
Not for
wins.
Only to say
THANK YOU
for this AWesOmE dAy!
So
Good Luck
to my cRAzy parents!
I love you both
EVEN IF
you made me
pLAiN cRAzY.
p.s. Brock said that normally he does NOT think I'm crazy,
but then he read this and thinks I'm loco for writing it.
Three cheers for Brock
'cause he loves the crazy chick. :)

5 comments:
so does this gene fade through the generations? or compound? (just thinking of your kids.)
I love it! ...and I love that you are plain crazy! :)
They gave it a good run, and your dad is the man! He has done a FANTASTIC job with the program and I am proud to say I have met him! Excited to see what they can do next year! ...now take a deep breath...it's over for a few months! :)
I worry about my kids too!
Annie came in right as the game was starting and said I want BYU to have 7 and the other team to have 2- then walked out to play in the toy room.
Love your crazy. Love the Cougs.
Thank you. Now we need to talk to our "zen" brother....
Post a Comment