My doorbell rang today and on my porch were two giant coolers full of food and a note congratulating us on the birth of our new baby. It was from my two sisters-in-law.
It reminded me of a conversation Brock and I had right after we got married.
We were at Heidi's house for a family dinner and Brock called me into her kitchen.
He was standing in front of the refrigerator and told me to come look.
Heidi's fridge and freezer was FULL of food-
two gallons of milk, yogurts lined up, juice, cheese,
anything your heart desired was in that fridge.
He said, "This is how I want our refrigerator to look."
And I knew we were both in big trouble-
I was not the refrigerator stocking type.
I thought if we had cereal and milk-
and fast food nearby-
we were good to go for a few days.
For the last 6 years I have tried hard to keep food in our fridge-
and Brock has lowered his expectations.
But during the pregnancy-
I reached an all-time performance low in the food stocking department.
I hated food.
Hated grocery shopping.
Hated thinking about grocery shopping.
So when I saw those two coolers, I was so happy.
But Brock is going to be pumped-
because a full fridge and freezer is practically Brock's dream come true.
Thanks Jeannette and Heidi- you are the greatest sisters a husband could have!
3 comments:
That is the best gift! I'm glad Brock will be thrilled too. I'm going to have to suggest that to my family next time I have a baby.
That rocks! Glad you guys are taken care of!
awesome.
i am impressed you are able to blog.
Post a Comment