Thursday, October 15, 2009

Something to "s"whine about...

So Annie has the swine flu.
It sucks.
She woke up from a nap yesterday with a fever of 1o5.
So, to the dr. we went.
They did the test and she has the flu.
The dr. said every flu right now is swine.
I asked him if I should be freaking out
because it seems like everyone is freaking out about
the swine flu.
He said they only worry about those that are at the
the highest risk-
ya know 2-6 year olds and pregnant women.
Check
check
and
check.
But he put me and Annie on medicine.
Annie isn't feeling well at all
and I'm hanging in there.
Like I'm supposed to know if I have flu symptoms-
I've had the flu for 8 freakin' months.
I'm just praying Kate doesn't get it-
but my mother is saving the day and flying up to help me.
Where's Brock you ask-
at training learning about Tamiflu- the medicine we were just prescribed.
Oh, the irony.
By the way
don't go anywhere we went in the last 3 days-
home,
front yard,
preschool,
the grocery store,
church and
Target.
:) Wishing Good Health upon you ALL-
and don't forget to STAY AWAY FROM US! :)

11 comments:

Kim said...

We too are suffering with it over here. We haven't been officially tested, but I don't know what else it could be. I hope everyone else in your family stays healthy.

Angela and Mike said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! You've been through enough already. I hope you get better soon. Hooray for wonderful mothers to help. We'll pray for speedy recovery and no contamination of little sisters.

Katherine said...

OH MY HECK! I am so sorry! Everybody is getting it! My sister in law is pregnant and she has it too! But her kids haven't got it yet...
We just got the vaccines yesterday for everyone but Macy - so hopefully we can stay healthy - especially since we are going to Mexico in a week and a half!
I wish I could bring you a smoothie and some soup! Get some rest!

lisalisa said...

Crazy! I just had the flu after we got back from CA. Neither of my kids got it tho thank goodness! There is hope! Good luck. It is NO fun. And the cough that follows is STILL with me after 2 WEEKS!!!!

k8theriver said...

i'm glad your mom can help. let me know if you need any errands done.

Andrea said...

You poor thing!! I called you to see if I could come over and help you. We haven't swined yet, but I figure it is just a matter of time....glad your mom is coming up. I wil leave cookies on your door step or something. Call me if you need anything.

Michelle said...

Ah man Chanell, sorry! Been there, done that. Rex did alright, just a really high fever and he was very low energy. Luckily none of the rest of us have gotten it yet. I hear the incubation is 5-10 days so we still could... I thought Sam had it but his was just a cold I think. Anyway, after all that rambling good luck and I am so glad your mom is coming to help.

Ryan and Angela said...

I think preschool and church are the worst ways to get sick. I tell you. I am so sorry to hear that. If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know, because we are currently healthy, knock on wood.

Cummards said...

AH! I'm so sorry! That is the worst...having sick kids, being sick, being sick while prego. You've got all the bases covered! I'm glad your Mom is coming to help, except that means I wont see her tonight..so tell her Hi! I hope you get better quickly, and can get some rest before you really aren't getting any!

Crystal said...

Ah! That is awful!!! I'm so worried about all of this flu poo going around. I am positive we'll all get it. Let us know more about it. There are lots of rumors and I'm not sure how worried I should be and not sure how horrible the symptoms are. Anyway, I loved you post. It was so sad, but somehow made me laugh. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I laughed when I read this....I hope you all get better soon.