Thursday, October 22, 2009

From a Grateful Daughter...

Dear Mom,
Right now I am sitting in my sparkling clean house- well except for the family room because the girls are playing "store" and selling all of my books and picture frames.
My laundry is all done and put away. My bathrooms are clean. My floors are mopped. My cushions are vacuumed. And my house smells so nice.
I have food in my freezer for the next 3 holidays- as long as I don't eat all the sugar cookies before Halloween is here.
I have two happy girls that feel better and have had lots of attention and fun.

I have a baby's room with clean clothes hung in the closets and clean blankets in the drawers.
Both of the rooms have "Princess Lights" much to the delight of Annie & Kate.
But I think what I am the most grateful for is you spending a week here with us so that I had someone to talk to. Someone who understands the importance of having Pumpkin goulash and sugar cookies on Halloween even if it's 10 days before my due date. Someone who understands that if my pantry is organized and my refrigerator is clean that means I am a better mother. That understands why I am the way I am because I've been this way since I was two. :) And can recognize the same craziness in my own daughters- especially my oldest. Thank you for being here to help me with the everyday, mundane things that make me feel like I have some control over all of this.

At the beginning of my pregnancy I was really hoping this baby was a boy. I thought I needed a boy- that boys love their moms like girls love their dads. After you left I realized that girls will ALWAYS need their moms- and that someday my girls will need me like I needed you this week. And if they are even a fraction as grateful to have me around as I was to have you here- that is more than enough love for me.

We all miss you- and reading the Taxi book isn't quite as fun without you. The girls are counting down the days until you come back- and so am I.

Love, Chanell

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Man a post like that makes we want to move closer to home!

Does your mom want to come to my house for awhile?

Great post, almost got me teary eyed. Good luck with the next ten days!

Danny and Veronica said...

awww, tear:) What a great mom!

Katherine said...

So Cute! What a nice post! You have a wonderful mother and what a blessing to have such a great relationship! What a great daughter you are to express so much love and appreciation to your mother - I am sure nothing could make her happier either! Good luck with your sweet new baby! Maybe I will have to drive to your house sometime to see her! Miss you...Katherine

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baxter's said...

A day of great realization for me was when I was sick, and the kids were sick...and I just wanted my Mom to come and feed me soup and clean up after everyone...and that's when it hit me...I was the Mom. A girl always needs her mother...the boys will have wives to take care of them...our mom is all we've got. :-) Good luck in the next few weeks my friend!

Dinger said...

How come, when I try to say things like that to my mom is comes out funny!? You have such a way with words. . .you should right a book. Mom's rock!!! Glad you had some well deserved help. BTW, you are an amazing mom!!!

Dana said...

Your post made me tear up. The part about girls always needing their moms. Very touching. I am glad she was able to some. I am excited for your next few weeks. I know I have said this a million times but life is so much better not being pregnant. :)

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

Thanks for the beautiful letter but it was really my pleasure. Can't wait to see you all soon.

garrett & brooke said...

My eyes seriously filled up with tears when i read this. (Must be the allergies:) I have such an awesome family. We can't wait for your new addition to arrive. We love you.

Amanda Warren said...

Chanell, I was blog hopping and jumped onto yours. What a beautiful blog entry. I love having my mom stay with me. Somehow she manages to clean my entire home from top to bottom, weed my garden, and keep the kids entertained at the same time. And, I cannot believe that Annie had the swine flu!--Just what you were dreading. What kind of Visiting Teacher am I that I didn't know this information. I am so sorry. Is she feeling OK? And, how about you?