Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth...

We had a great weekend in Provo. The girls and I hung out with family. Brock worked a basketball camp and played a little basketball. The guys he played with informed me that Brock's still got it... so that's good. He's ready for some ball on the beach. (He is happier playing basketball on the beach than he is any other place- It's his happiest place on earth.)
Right now I'm surrounded by suitcases and piles of laundry.

This is NOT the happiest place on earth.
I'm trying to decide if I put the suitcases away or keep them out for the upcoming trip.

We are going to Disneyland soon and the girls are thrilled.

This morning we roll played meeting a real live Disneyland Princess. Kate's speech therapist said roll playing was great for Kate. So I was the Princess of course and the girls came up to meet me. We practiced what to say and then they let the next girls in line go. Annie walked away and said to Kate, "That Princess was so beautiful." Kate looked at her and nodded. I am glad to know that my children have GREAT imaginations because this princess was still in her pajamas... in fact she's still in her pajamas.

So as I was getting ready for the big trip to the girls' happiest place on earth I started to get a little overwhelmed by the massive amount of stuff I need to get done before we leave.

So I sat down at the computer and made a to do list and scheduled when I would get everthing done. (That always makes me feel better- I love lists.)

And then I turned on some bob marley.

We all have our happiest places on earth- mine is the beach, maybe listening to bob.

Now bob's job is to get me through this week so that I can get to the beach.
I hope bob can do it.

Thanks for the inspiration G.
G is bob's biggest fan.
He has 16 days worth of bob marley music on his itunes.
Not kidding.
My brother is sweet.
(Pictures from our trip to Laguna Beach last summer.)

7 comments:

k8theriver said...

i'll come help. seriously.

Baxter's said...

You forgot to mention my favorite part of your trip! It was so good to see you for a bit. Miss you already! And well, i miss the beach...

Angela and Mike said...

I love how Bob marley relaxes you. I feel the same way! I'm so excited that you are going to Disneyland. The girls will love it, although they probably won't meet any princesses that are prettier than you! That was a cute story.

Enjoy your vacations (it does sound overwhelming with kids, fun...but a lot of work)

Annaca said...

You should check out Ariel's Grotto (if you're not already planning to) at California Adventure. You need to call a day or two in advanced to get a reservation, but then you sit and eat while the princesses come to your table to talk to you, sign their autograph and take pictures. Way better than waiting in line for 90 minutes. Hope you have a great time!!

Dinger said...

It's good to hear that Brock has still got it!! All of the men in the ward can keep drooling :). I wish I was going to a beach, I hope you have an amazing and relaxing time.

Shanna said...

Let us know when you're in SoCal. We'd love to get together! Give Ryan a call...

Unknown said...

I skimmed through the text and thought you said boob job. Luckily, it was bob's job...