Friday, March 27, 2009

I feel like I have fallen...

...off the edge of the world.
But that is what happens when you go on a very LONG trip.
And during that trip, Kate gets sick but you don't know she's sick because the entire day she is fine and then the next second she can't breathe and her lips are turning blue- but then she's fine again.
My diagnosis- she swallowed money- choked for awhile and then swallowed it.
Makes sense right?
Until it happens 3 more times in the middle of the night- so we head to the ER.
They say she has croop-
I say you are wrong.
They do an x-ray and say it's croop AND bronchiolitis (which isn't a made up word like I initially thought- but is inflammation of the bronchial tubes).
So after 3 trips to a pharmacy and 3 trips to the hospital- she starts to get better- so we head to VEGAS- warm weather should cure ALL right?
Wrong- she get sick again and then sicker and then 7 trips to the pharmacy later- we are heading home to see OUR very own doctor WILSON- (who has 6 or 8 of his very own kids so he knows what he's talking about) and he looks at ALL the medicines and breathing devices I pull out of the bag- patiently listens to my story and then says let's do one more x-ray.
His diagnosis- Pneumonia.
I was so relieved... because that made much more sense to me than the diagnosis the ER doctor made up to appease me.
So 3 more visits to the pharmacy later and...
KATE IS BETTER!
And I was soooo tiiiirrrreeeedddd!
So I fell off the face of the earth- that's what you do when you are that tired.
Brock brought home dinner or made pancakes or nachos or sandwiches with avocado for dinner.
I've read books and watched tv and made sure the girls don't kill each other (which sometimes means two tv's with two cartoons- one girl upstairs and one girl downstairs and me in the middle to keep them apart).
So anyway that is where I have been literally-long vacation... mentally- off the edge of the earth.
But I'm back now.
And I planted seeds last night for a garden.
And Brock's putting the girls playhouse together today.
And the girls are playing dress up together... lovingly- for the moment.
And it's good to be back.

7 comments:

lisalisa said...

We missed you! Reik had Croup 3 weeks ago on our vacation to California. So sad. Luckily Seth knew what it was and what to do. (people have called 911 for it). Crazy tho! I'm glad that she is better. Next time you come to Provo we should do lunch or do whatever!

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

Isn't motherhood great? I miss my girls.

Michelle said...

It was fun planting seeds with you! I am excited to see the playhouse.

Baxter's said...

Wahoo seeds! and welcome back! i should fly you down to decorate my house, but since you would have a 5$ budget it wouldn't be that fun anyway! i will call tonight about paint.

Bell Blog said...

That is soooo crappy! I am way sorry... It's always fun going to the doctor a million times. :(

Crystal said...

Holy crap. What a nightmare! I'm glad she's ok now. Ugh, there's nothing worse than watching your kids suffer! You're such a good mommy.

Jay Jay said...

I was there for some of this...definitely not a fun trip to Vegas for the girls, but i'm glad i could be there for hopefully help a little bit!