My family is coming this weekend to spend Easter with us.
I am super excited to have them come visit,
but there is one problem-
My parents are clean FREAKS.
So this week is dedicated to cleaning and organizing my house in an attempt to fool my parents into thinking we always have a clean, organized home.
But there is another problem- yesterday I worked on the laundry room.
Brock walked in and said, "Wow this room looks great."
Then walked into the house and the rest of the house was a DISASTER.
I hurried to say,"I know it looks bad, but I have to pull everything out before I can organize it all back." He found excuses to stay OUT of the house for the rest of the night.
Does anyone else do this when they clean? Or am I the only person who puts themselves through this crazy chaos? I'm sure there is a better way.
Anyway I'm off to organize my pantry, kitchen cabinets and clean out the fridge.
Also on today's list- organizing the girls clothes and cleaning out their closets.
By the way- Mom, don't freak out and try and tell people you don't care if the house is clean. You would try to overlook the chaos, but you wouldn't be able to resist raising eyebrows at the mess- and I'm pretty sure Dad would start to twitch or something. Plus it's good for me- my house needed a good spring cleaning anyway... I promise I'm GLAD you guys are clean freaks. Love you.
P.S. My camera chord is MIA- so no pictures until I find/replace it.
5 comments:
YOU ARE SO ME! I cleaned out the front closet today and I am hoping to clean out my laundry room today! I am on a longer schedule than you. I am going through each room before the baby's born - so I have a couple months left. Not 2 days! GOOD LUCK! Tell your mom and dad and Taylor hi! Thanks again for watching my kids after your marathon bball trip! It was so great to see you. I have been meaning to call - but I won't call this week so you can clean.
You are so funny! I loved how you said your dad with start to twitch. My dad was always talking about terrible gifts he could give your dad that would require storage or cause lots of clutter. He knew how much your dad loved things like that! Good luck with your cleaning, and if you find some magically easy way to do it let me know.
stella just threw up for the 5th time. thanks a lot! she doesn't feel sick though so we might come over.
I am so glad I am not the only one!!! I did it last week for visitors, and I am doing it again this week for new visitors. . .it is much easier this week!! Good luck, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! (Isn't that a Micheal Jackson song??)
I love reading your posts, you're great! Hope all goes well with the house cleaning. You inspire me :)
Post a Comment