our little Kate is a girl of few words.
She is the strong and silent type.
If you try and talk to her,
she will stare you down
until you wish you could crawl into a hole.
Don't believe me? You are welcome to give it a try.
Many an old man in a store has said,
"She's a very solemn child."
So when she decides to say something,
it surprises us all.
And when she says something clearly it's monumental.
Lately she has decided her word of choice, which she says loud and clear, is ,
"MEANIE!"
When Annie takes her toy... "MEANIE!"
When Brock makes her eat her snack in the kitchen, "MEANIE!"
When I put her down for a nap, "MEANIE!"
And every time she says it I can't help laughing!
I don't know where she learned it.
(Trust me when I'm mad at Brock- I'm not calling him a "meanie." It's always, "Sweetheart, I'm a little upset at you right now.)
So you can see that this is unexpected.
She says nothing- all day- and then busts out with, "MEANIE!"
I know laughing only encourages her, but it's dang funny.
Funnier than a stare down with an old man in Wal-Mart- even though that's kind of funny too.

8 comments:
i know exactly where she learned it.
That is hilarious, and yes that girl can give quite the stare down! She's cute though!
How cute is she! The best is she calls you meanie when you put her down for a nap. That made me laugh so hard.
I would love to hear her stay that, she is adorable. Hey send me your email address, I tried to email you last night but it got sent back. apaynerd@hotmail.com
I don't know Chanell, I thin I could see you bustin out with a little "meanie" now and again. You could pull that word off with style. :-)
haha, what a silly little girl. I wonder where she got that word from...you sure you didn't say it? haha. Hope you guys are doing well. I hope I can see some new pics of your nephew soon!
HAHA..that is very very funny. Mental memo...never try to talk to Kate, unless I want to feel like an idiot. (which happens all the time, but not usually on purpose)
She is too cute, I love the meanie!
Post a Comment