Well, we didn't really have a choice.
There was only the two of us for 13 years and anytime we ever started to fight, my mom would lecture us on how
lonely her childhood was
because she didn't have any brothers or sisters at home and how we are not allowed to fight because we were
lucky to have each other.
We usually responded with a
few eye rolls
and one last
sneaky punch.
I was the typical oldest child and poor G had to put up with a crazy big sister who was
bossy
a tad bit controlling
center of attention
and always telling him what to do.
For the most part, he was a perfect little brother because he was
so laid back
so dang nice to me
(although I rarely deserved it.)
loyal
loyal
funny
(get him going with his impersonations and accents-
you'll laugh until you want to throw up- I'm serious.)
a freakin' awesome cook- with style
friendly to everyone
just a pretty perfect little brother
I guess my mom was right (eye roll)...
I was lucky to have him.
For the last 3 days I have been at the hospital with Garrett & Brooke. Spending so much time with him has reminded me what a great brother he is. He is doing such a good job taking care of Brooke & taking care of Bradley. He splits time between the NICU and Brooke's room. He's had late nights and early mornings. And when I tell him he's doing a good job, he only says,
"I wish I could do more."
As I watch him with taking care of this
new little baby
I find myself thinking
someday I'm going to have to tell Baby Bradley
how lucky he is
that
my little brother
is his dad.
Congratulations G! I am so proud of you and so excited for you.
Now let's just get him better so that you can take him home.

6 comments:
That is so sweet. I hope all is going ok with their baby. So stressful.
What a sweet post. I can only hope that Ally and Isaac feel that way about each other someday. I hope their baby is doing ok.
Thanks for posting! We did not know he had arrived!!!
Thanks for posting! We did not know he had arrived!!!
Tell Garrett Congrats!!! I can't believe that he is a daddy. I still picture him as a little kid. Oh and Congrats on being a 'real aunt'
I hope little Bradley gets better soon! Garrett is going to be a great dad :)
Post a Comment