So this post is all about me and my trusty traveling sidekick- my mom:
My mom and I had almost as much fun planning this trip as we did on it. It took us back to our days of touring Washington DC together (minus Liisa and Cass- you guys should have come! next time.) We did it all- we packed so much into the 5 days we were there and had a blast the entire time. You have to really like someone to enjoy trains, subways, and death defying taxi rides- but I really loved every second of the trip.
It takes a serious tourist to take on the Freedom Trail on a day were the weatherman predicts 5 inches of rain, but we are definitely serious tourists. We did a little pregame shopping and outfitted ourselves for the weather and off we went. We didn't miss a beat in seeing the sights. I'm glad my mom is not a wimpy mom who stays indoors in hurricane like conditions. I'm also glad that she let me go back to the hotel after hours of walking around soaking wet even though she really wanted to see one more church.
I am also glad that my mom is so much fun and so "hip." I think my mom's favorite part of the trip was every time someone said, "Your her mom? I thought you were sisters! I can't believe it!" We never ran out of things to talk about and especially things to laugh about.
MOM- Thanks for an amazing trip- I loved Boston and learned so much. Most of all I loved spending the entire week with you. If I lived closer I would bring the girls over and just sit and talk because I miss you already. So do the girls. The first thing Annie said to me at the airport was, "Where's Mamash?"
Stay Tuned for more Boston (and the surrounding area) later.
6 comments:
So FUN!!!! And so sweet that you and your mom and such good friends. That is so cool I hope one day Ally loves to hang out with me and that I look like her sister! :)
Oh! That looks like so much fun.
I miss not hanging out with you 24/7. I couldn't sleep last night so I spent my time remembering all the fun times and yes, the people we met. Sometime you'll thank me for being so talkative and making new friends. I can't wait to start planning London. Have you told Brock yet???
How fun!! That is an awesome Birthday present, and an awesome place to go for a history teacher (ex!). I wasn't surprised at all by the picture of your Mom and all the shopping bags! I'm sure that was your dad's favorite part of your post so far. It looks like you had a blast, I'm so jealous!
It is so fun to hear your feelings for your mom. Your appreciation, respect and friendship. What a fun thing to do with her!
Your mom does look stinkin hip! I hope I am that fun when my kids are grown.
Post a Comment