We also did a few fun things- the highlight was kayaking down the south fork of the Payette River. Dan and Katie have kayaks and all the gear. My dad, Tay, Brock and I all went. I was scared to death because my mom told me about every near death experience on rivers that she had heard of including her own. My mom sat this one out because after almost drowning as a teenager she, "doesn't do rivers." Annie and Kate were excited to have her all to themselves for an afternoon. Like I said I was a little freaked out, but it was seriously so fun and not super scary. One scary moment was when we hit a "hole" and our kayak was stuck until it finally flipped Brock over the back of the kayak(he seriously did a back flip feet over head out of the boat). This was kind of funny, but then when he didn't pop out of the water I kind of freaked out- then his helmet pops up, but not him, then finally after I started seriously thinking that this was a really bad thing he popped up still holding the oar- what a champ. Dan got knocked out of the boat, but that was just funny cause he's a pro. Anyway it was a blast and here are the pictures Dan and Katie took.








By the way, Annie starts preschool next month. I told Taylor that I was nervous she wasn't prepared. I know she'll be good on the first day because she knows the letter "A" but from there she was in trouble until "X." In two days Taylor taught her how to spell her name and taught her how to write it (writing is still hit and miss- sometimes she gets carried away with the "i's" She thinks those are fun to write.) Tay also taught her the letter "R." Taylor said just in case there was another Annie and she had to go by Annie R. Tay, I sure miss you this week- we loved having you stay with us. Annie and Kate love Aunt Taylor!
7 comments:
i should have sent stella over for alphabet lessons.
Fun trip! I love rafting but I have only kayaked in a pool. Those kayaks look fun, the ones I have been in you are literally stuck in them.
What a fun trip! I love river rafting, it's a blast! Love the pictures!
That looks like so much fun. How can we get the Cleveland boys to do something like that. We need a little bit of you guys and your adventurous side!
FREAKY!!!! How in the world did you seriously dare to get in that kayak (is that even how you spell that)... It looks like fun and for sure something you can mark off the bucket list!
Oh! So fun!!! We are gonna have to visit you guys!!! Great Pictures!
Good time! That is awesome that Taylor could help Annie.
Post a Comment