Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rose Family Reunion- 2008






Last weekend we went to Oakley, Utah for my dad's family reunion. When we were driving up to the cabin, Annie looked out the window and asked, "Are there any foxes in these woods?" She wasn't too sure about camping. Good thing it was camping Chanell style- we slept in a king size bed in a really nice cabin :). I know I don't deserve to live in Idaho being such a wimp. The girls loved being up in the mountains and were obsessed with the ducks. Annie even saw a deer. We played with cousins and the girls even joined the Polar Bear Club- well they only joined the Cub Club because I only let them get half way wet. Kate tried to start her own skinny dipping club, but I had to put a stop to that. :) I even took Annie on the four wheeler. She wanted to go faster than I wanted to, but I did take her on this trail into the woods. Then I freaked myself out about mountain lions and cougars :), so I turned us around to head back to civilization. Thanks to everyone who organized the reunion- we had a blast.

8 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Wasn't the reuinion so much fun? I'm glad we got to see you guys. Did Brock end up cooking up some of his fish that he caught? haha. I'm glad you didn't get eaten by any mountain lions!

Collie Dawgs said...

Hey there...Rose Family! This is the Collies! Brock probably knows me as Emmalee Collie and Chanelle you know me as Emmalee Hardy!! Anyway, I got on your blog from Becky Reynold's blog!! Hope you don't mind! Your family is absolutely darling!! We have two little girls as well! And, I don't know if you knew, but I used to work for the same pharma company--Forest--that Brock does! We moved back to Cali about 7 months ago and I started with a new company. Anyway, just wanted to say hi! Hope you guys are well! Take care!

Darci said...

Sounds like a good time. You should have let Kate start the skinny dipping club, what a story that would have been

Angie Cleveland said...

Looks like you had a great time. Skyler is sitting right here and he says hello. We really need to get together. Maybe meet up in a mutual spot like Vegas..

Jana Homer said...

Looks like my kind of camping too! So I about peed my pants reading your comment about my old orange truck! What is with that stupid thing and the out of control honking? Those were the good ol' days... early morning track!

Michelle said...

That's not camping!! But a good time nonetheless. Good thing you aren't in Young Women's, we did some serious camping. CALL ME!!

Lance and Becky said...

So funny about the skinny dipping. At Bear Lake I sware my kids were always naked or without a diaper...they love being naked! What a fun time, love being with family! Love the river pictures too!

Baxter's said...

Where in the world is Oakley? :-) Plus..you haven't been a true Boiseite until you have "floated" the river. Gotta do it dude. I've even done it.