Friday, May 16, 2008

We'll miss you, Yia Yia!

Brock's mom passed away today. She has been fighting secondary breast cancer for the last 8 or 9 months. We came down to Provo to be with his dad and sisters, and everyone is doing well. The funeral is Thursday. The viewing starts at 9:30 and the funeral will follow that. We are so glad that she is finally out of pain and we will miss her so much. Annie doesn't understand very much, but she did say that she didn't want Yia Yia to die because that makes her really sad. Thanks to those who covered for us this weekend so we could come down.

14 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

she's a great lady I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you guys are doing alright considering the circumstances. I'll always remember her passion for life and how much she loves her family. I know she's in a better place.


-mike

Greg R. said...

I echo Mike's thoughts...in the few times that I met her you can't help but like her. Send Brock my best and we'll be praying for you guys.

Angela and Mike said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will always admire her love for her family and her enthusiasm during the basketball games! She was always very thoughtful; a wonderful and beautiful lady. We'll be thinking about you.

k8theriver said...

so sorry guys.
we are home now so let us know if you need a sitter.

lisalisa said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. I met her a few times. She was super cute! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you guys!

Lauryn Dawes said...

We're so sorry to hear this news. We loved seeing her at games; she's was always so friendly and exciting to be around. I loved her example of showing her love for her family. She will be missed, she's a wonderful person

Dana said...

So sorry Chanell and Brock!! My heart is aching for you right now as the tears roll. I am sorry your weren't able to spend more time with her. I can't imagine your loss! Please please let me know what I can do to help back here at home so you can stay as long as you need.

Annaca said...

We're so sorry to hear about Brock's mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys at this time.

Danny and Veronica said...

We love Sister Reichner as well and wish all of you comfort and peace at this time. Danny always remembers her telling him to "Just do it! Who cares what people think?!" Such a fun lady and positive example:)
With Love,
Danny and Veronica

Lance and Becky said...

I just read this today, we would've totally been there for support if I would've been more on top of things! I'm so sorry for your loss, and I hope you guys are hanging in there okay! We love you, and you'll be in our prayers!

The Roberts Family said...

sorry about your loss. We hope all went well with the funeral. Although we didn't know her I'm sure she was a great lady. It's never easy dealing with a loss. Hope all is well.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. She was such a sweetheart the few times I was around.

Michelle said...

Oh Chanell and Brock, I am so sorry! I was wondering where you were and am sorry to hear that this is the reason why you are out of town. Great tribute and I love the pics of Brock and his mom, he'll cherish that post I am sure. Call me when you get back, I would love to help out with anything I can.

Eric and Amy said...

Brock, you look just like Dave! We are so sorry to hear about your mother's passing. Eric has many great memories of her from his youth. I thoroughly enjoyed mingling with the family in college. Your mother is such an amazing woman with an ability to make anyone feel loved and welcomed. The first time I saw her and Eric together, I knew she was more than just the mother of a friend. She's amazing! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.