Friday, May 16, 2008

Mama's Boy




I've been going through pictures to get ready for the funeral and I thought I would post a few of Brock and his mom. He was the baby and I suspect he was her favorite- the baby usually is. His mom loved Brock so much. I think that's why she had a hard time giving him up when we got married. She was a great mom that spoiled Brock and cooked for him all the time. That might be why he was so disappointed with my cooking when we first got married. :)
We had a busy day trying to get things ready for the funeral on Thursday. His dad and sisters are pretty drained after taking care of her at the end, so it's good that we came down to help. Everything is coming together now and I think it's going to be a beautiful service. Thank you so much for all of your messages and emails. We are lucky to have such great friends.
I asked Brock what he will miss the most about his mom. He said that he would miss talking to his mom and hearing how much she believed in him. He said it didn't matter what he was doing, she would encourage him to work hard and go after his goals. I think that is the sign of a great mom, and I hope I can do the same.





8 comments:

Dinger said...

Hey guys, I can't find the right words to express to you my deepest condolences. Dan and I wish you and your family well. What a difficult thing to deal with. I know Brock's mom is pain free and in a wonderful place, but is won't make you miss her any less. We love you!

Jana Homer said...

How sweet. I love the pictures and I'm so sorry to hear about Brocks mom. I hope your all doing well.

CassideeT said...

I remember Brock's mom from your wedding. I swear, she had more personality in her little finger than most people could dream of having. What a sweet mom. I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you, and I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Angela and Mike said...

I hope the service went well. I'm sure Brock was the favorite since he was the baby :) I hope your cooking doesn't dissappoint Brock anymore. haha, it's hard living up to the expectations of the mothers before us. We're thinking about you guys.

Baxter's said...

Know we are thinking about you guys. You are in our prayers. love you! And yes, the baby is the favorite.

Crystal said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, Brock. I can't imagine the pain you feel. I didn't know your mom, but I do remember how much she cheered you on when you were playing basketball. She was your biggest fan for sure. We'll be thinking about you guys.

Andrea said...

Oh, I am so sorry, I haven't been blogging much and I had not heard. My heart goes out to your whole family. Take care and enjoy being with your family, even if it isn't the best of circumstances. Our thoughts are prayers are with you!!

Katherine said...

Chanell and Brock. I am so sorry for your loss. Please give Annie and Kate a hug for me, and tell Annie to give you a hug from me. I so wish I could be around you to help and talk. I miss you and am will be thinking of you this week. Love you both.