Just wanted to post again and thank everyone for their support. Brock checks our blog, his email and reads comments left online a few times a day. He is doing pretty well, but keeps telling everyone it feels like we are planning a big party for his mom without her help. He thinks it will probably hit him on Thursday when he sees her. Right now he is doing all he can to support his dad, brothers and sisters. He has been doing yard work for three days straight up at his mom's house with his dad. I think it is therapeutic for his dad to work. It is so amazing how blessed we are to have a sure knowledge that we will see her again. I don't know how we would get through this without knowing that. Below are some pictures and a copy of the Obituary that was in the
Deseret News on Sunday.



Irene John
Damigos Reichner 1945 ~ 2008 Our beloved wife, mother,
yia yia, sister and friend passed away on May 15, 2008 after a brave battle with breast cancer. Irene was born May 10, 1945 in San Pedro, California to John and Stella
Damigos. Irene was raised in the Greek Orthodox Church and valued the culture and traditions of her Greek heritage. She was later introduced to the
LDS church while traveling with the Grand Land Singers. Irene married her loving husband Mark E.
Reichner and spent many hours in the gym supporting him as a coach's wife. In keeping with their adventurous spirits, they raised their six children to love the Lord, live life, and serve others. She believed in her children and encouraged them to work hard, be good citizens, and reach for their dreams. She was truly an inspired mother. A particular highlight in Irene's life was reaching her goal of serving a full-time mission with her husband in Athens, Greece where they had the opportunity to visit her father's island of
Psara to memorialize him and gather genealogy. She was honored to serve there as a member of the American Women's Organization of Greece and loved the people of Greece. Irene is survived by her husband, Mark, her six children, Scott (Jill)
Reichner, Jeannette (Mike)
Kee, Heidi (Jack) Reid, Mark (Isa)
Reichner, David (Barbi)
Reichner, Brock (
Chanell)
Reichner, 25 grandchildren, her stepfather Alex, sisters, Mary, Nickie, Marcie, Angie, and several nieces and nephews. Funeral Services will be held at 11:30 on Thursday, May 22 at the
Edgemont South
LDS Stake Center on 2950 N. Canyon Road in Provo with a 9:30 viewing being held prior to services. In lieu of flowers, donations for medical expenses are appreciated by the family. Donations may be made at Central Bank, 1300 North State Street, Provo Utah 84604. Published in the
Deseret News on 5/18/2008.
9 comments:
25 grandkids, wow!
i'm flying to boise wednesday for one last house hunting effort. i probably won't make it. sorry. i'll try to get annie her bike though.
That is such a sweet obituary (sp?) We're sorry to hear about that. I hope you guys are doing okay, and if there is anything we can do to help let us know, really! If you need someone to watch your girls while you guys get stuff ready I can for sure!
What a beautiful description of Irene. I'm glad you guys have been able to help and even get in some yard work! I hope everything goes well, I'm sorry we won't be in Provo to attend.
The pictures you have are amazing. I will be thinking of you both tomorrow!
Brock and Channel- Seeing pictures of you mom brought back great memories of me coming over to you house on the hill and enjoying time with her before we went out for the night. You have a great mom Brock, what a blessing it is know that we have the gospel in our lives, that the priesthood is restored here on earth to seal our families together forever. The other side of the viel is lucky to have your mom on thier side now doing the Lord's work. Your in our prayers.
I don't know why, I don't even know you guys that well, but when I read your blog, I started to cry. I am so sorry for your loss but like you, I am so grateful for the knowledge we have of life after death. Brock and your family will be in our prayers.
Hope all went well. Again, we are so sorry for your loss and have been thinking about you. Call me when you get home and I will take your kids for some play time so you guys can have some down time.
I'm sorry for your loss. From the pictures and the beautiful obituary she was very loved and will be missed. I hope all went well.
Hey Brock. It is Renee Wills. Just new to the bloggin world and somehow I came across yours. Anyway I just wanted to say sorry about your mom? My parents said that they say tour dad at the Packard funeral. Man what is going on. It seems like yesterday we were prank calling eachother in jr. High. Anyway I hope all is well. Your kids and wife are so cute. Thank heavens for the plan of salvation. Well I am sure like in St.george Costco I will run into you sometime. Hope all is well in the Richner family. My sympathies.
Post a Comment