So I realized that I have had Annie's favorite music on our blog for too long so I decided to add some new songs to the
playlist. I went down a list and added some that struck my fancy (did I just say that?). Some are songs I like from the radio. A couple are on there because as soon as they started playing Kate started dancing so they qualified. Once is from Annie's favorite movie- Enchanted. I also put a "Hannah Montana" song on for Annie. She is pretty excited about Stadium of Fire this year. (No, I don't let my 3 year old watch Hannah Montana, but she recognizes her on commercials and pictures. She even drug around a Hannah Montana laundry basket in Bed, Bath and Beyond for 20 minutes and then freaked out when I told her we weren't buying it. Hannah Montana would have been proud of her slightly
pre-teen moment.) One is from my favorite computer commercial. None of them are very original because I am a mom that goes to the library so I can learn kid songs to sing to my two girls and am still frantically trying to learn the words to Primary Songs so that when they ask me to fill in for the singing lady I don't stand up there looking like a moron. I don't know what songs are "cool" anymore. Can't keep up! Hope you enjoy and let me know if you have any requests!
Speaking of requests, here are some pictures of our last project. We ripped out the linoleum and replaced it with bamboo floors. It was ridiculous ripping out the
sub floor and I don't think I've sworn that much ever in my life as I did that day, but Brock and the guys he worked with put in the new floor and it looks
soooo good. Brock is becoming a regular Handy Manny. Good job babe it looks great!

Demo-Day...ripping out the
sub floor. No pictures of me, but I got a blister from the crow bar and
mallet. I was all over the heavy duty tools.

Before shot of the floor we have hated since day one of moving here.

Brock and Lance putting in the new pretty floors. Our house looks so much better. Everyone has to come see. Drive on up! You're all invited.

This is what Annie was doing with her day of no supervision. She got herself dressed. Got her a sucker for lunch and headed out to water the weeds. I love this picture because it reminds me of Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation. That one is for you G.
9 comments:
Congrats on the new floors..how exciting! You're going to love them. They look great...good for Brock for figuring it out.
Right after I left your house yesterday I thought "they got new floors"! So sorry I didn't comment, they look gorgeous!! I LOVE that picture of Annie! A sucker and water is all Rex needs to stay occupied for hours!
spot on uncle eddie. so funny.
nice job onthe floors. dan prefers to hire out things like that.
The floors looke awesome and i am sure you are glad your linoleum is gone. Cool Music.
Miss you.
I seriously think your house looks different (in a good way). It is warm and inviting! Way to go! I loved the pics Dana took of your girls, you seriously need to frame them. Love ya!
The pic of Annie is awesome. And I loved your "you know your a mom" Way to go with the crow bar, and I wouldn't expect anything less. I do know that I would get out of your way though...Annie was just doing a little self-preservation..."Avoid Mom, she has a crow-bar" Smart kid.
I am so excited for you. You're floor does look awesome! Thanks for letting us drop by unannounced. Brock is such a handy-man! You are welcome to save and post those pictures of your girls onto your blog if you want. I will eventually get you a CD so you can have them...but that might take a while. :)
I love love love the new floors! Doing something new to your house is so exciting, congrats! They looks awesome! Great job!
The floor looks nice. We did that in our last house (I was all big a pregnant at the time). That subfloor is a pain. My knees hurt pretty bad after that project.
By the way, Kathleen knows Hannah Montana songs too, and we have never watched it. I guess she picked up on them at school.
Post a Comment