My sweet baby Eve turned two today.
I can't believe she's growing up.
I think a part of me just expected that she never would.
She came into my life at a time when I didn't think I could handle it.
Tessa was still a baby, and a crazy baby at that.
But that's why they call it a surprise.
She came and so did all the worries and stresses of a fourth child.
But it was as if she knew how overwhelmed I was, and at times it felt like she was taking care of me.
She has always been a mama's girl, which is extremely unusual in this house.
Brock's the Rockstar.
The girls are his groupies.
And I'm the manager that makes everyone bathe and go to bed.
But Eve loved me.
She always wanted me.
She smiled at me, and in return I gave her anything and everything she wanted.
And tonight while I rocked her and sang "The Wheels on the Bus" over and over,
I thought about the last two years and how glad I am that I'm not in charge.
I'm so glad that she came into my life when she did and how she did.
It hasn't been easy, ever. And it was even harder than I worried it would be.
But she has changed our family for the better.
And she has changed me.
She has taught me that love is the solution to any problem.
She has made me a better mother.
***
I am torn between wanting her to grow up and be independent and wanting her to stay tiny forever.
But it's out of my control, anyway.
Everyday she will grow- not much- not enough that I will feel less overwhelmed, but enough that soon enough she will be independent.
And someday she won't need me, but I hope she'll always love me.
And I really, really hope she'll always love me best.
Happy Birthday Sweet Baby!
You're TWO!
Love, Mama



1 comment:
I love this post! What a special little girl she is and she is so lucky to have such an awesome mom and family!
Post a Comment