Wednesday, October 10, 2012

We're going to party like it's her Birthday...

My mom's birthday is today.
I wish I was there to take her to lunch, but she reminded me that we will be in New York in a month and we can do lunch there.
My mom's favorite city in the world is New York, so I think it's a perfect place to do a birthday lunch.
So I'm looking forward to that, but today I want to make a list of a few of my favorite things about her.
-She makes everything more fun.
-She thinks my jokes are funny (because they are. well, most of the time) even when nobody else does.
-She wears fancy scarves to ride roller coasters and makes sure she and I are color coordinated.
-She worries about me and my family a lot.
-She loves to travel. (So do I.)
-She loves talking to random people in random places. (I do not.)
-She always has great hair.
-She always has great bags and shoes.
-She has the cleanest home of anyone I've ever met.
-She makes really, really good cookies.
-She always tells me to get the more expensive one.
-She is the best mom and the best friend ever, ever, ever.
Happy Birthday Mom!
Can't wait to party in NYC.
Let's invite Jay-Z and David Letterman to lunch.
Just for fun.
I hope you had a great day!
Love, Chanell

2 comments:

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

You are too kind and too funny. I can't wait for New York when we can go to lunch and laugh at each others jokes!

Liisa said...

Just want to second all those things you said about your mom... and I also think you are very funny... even if I don't get to hear your jokes. Have a great time in NYC.