Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cool Mom in the Summer.

I need to post these pictures because they represent my greatest achievement of the summer.
I tried really hard this summer to be brave and go places without Brock.
Because for the last couple years ago, I just don't go anywhere with the girls.
Someone (or two, or three, or four) has a meltdown and I look like a mother that doesn't have any control over her life. I really hate looking like that. So I stay home.
But I have really great and active friends here that do stuff everyday.
And since I really wanted them to be my friends, I tried to be brave and do stuff too.
So when the text messages came about going downtown and hanging out at the carnival thing- forgot what it was called... I decided to go for it.
And it was great.
Most of the time.
The high points: 
Annie and Kate thought I was a fun mom.
They were so happy to be playing with friends.
They loved the roller coasters.
I didn't see them for most of the day... :)

 The low points:
The Imax- oh the Imax- I can still see the look on the older couples faces that were sitting next to us after Kate asked me for the popcorn for the 15th time and Eve chucked her sippy cup for the 16th time. I apologized a lot, and asked them if they wouldn't mind moving- they didn't- they stayed there watching me juggle the popcorn- baby- sippy cup combo I had going on with looks on their faces that stressed me out.
I forgot to pack a lunch- rookie mistake.
Eve skipped a nap or two.
 But the low points didn't really matter because I did it- I was the cool mom.
And when I drove home, I patted myself on the back and pictured myself in a year.
Because I just keep telling myself that it's got to get easier in a year. :)
 But the girls were happy- they were making friends.
And they were all asleep within 30 seconds of driving home.
It turned out to be one of my favorite days of the summer.




No comments: