When we were talking about which house to buy, I would occasionally call this the Gold House...
As in Cibola- City of Gold, kind of gold.
Every inch of the house was painted gold.
Walls- gold. Ceilings- gold. Closets- gold.
So the first thing we did was paint the house- I mean have the house painted.
Brock found the greatest painter ever- who was so meticulous and so fast.
And not only did the house look so much better- it smelled like new paint and not like weird.
So here are some after shots... with Tessa applauding.
I loved how the color toned down the yellow in the wood floors.
And I was so excited with the office.
I wanted to paint it navy blue and the painter tried to talk me out of it.
He told me it would look black.
I told him I didn't want it to look black, but I would like it to look dark blue.
I went for it and I loved it.
And the painter even agreed it looked great.
But it's possible he could have lied to me because I was paying him.
Brock picked out the grey in our room.
It turned out perfect, too.
By the way, we totally lucked out on all the colors.
We didn't even test it out.
I looked at colors online and chose them.
I figured anything would look better to me than the gold.







3 comments:
Your house looks beautiful! WOW, I love the fireplace and the baseboards and the paint!
it looks great! and i love the navy blue too. makes me wish i had a house to paint!
nice job! i hope to see it one day.
Post a Comment