Brock was sold on this house the second he saw the view.
I was not impressed.
But that's not totally fair because while he and the agent were enjoying the view, I was still in the car trying to scrub licorice of Tessa's face, hands, arms and elbows with a wet wipe- so I'm not really sure I even saw the view, but I did see the hill-
All I saw was the hill, or cliff as I called it, and pictured my kids tumbling down it.
All I saw was the hill, or cliff as I called it, and pictured my kids tumbling down it.
I told Brock let's go- I didn't even want to see the rest of the house.
He ignored me and continued the tour.
I was annoyed.
Until we got to the storage room and then I was impressed.
It's huge.
But when we got in the car Brock asked me what I thought.
I said, "No."
So for 24 hours we talked about other houses.
Picked other houses.
Changed our minds because we really didn't like any of those houses.
The morning before we left, we took the girls to the park in Liberty Lake that they had begged us to go to the day before.
While the girls sprinted off to the park I told Brock,
"This is where I want to live. I love it here. It's gorgeous."
While the girls sprinted off to the park I told Brock,
"This is where I want to live. I love it here. It's gorgeous."
And he looked at me (like I was crazy) and said, "Then why don't you like my house?! It's right here."
And then one of the girls started screaming and he walked over to fix it.
I sat there thinking... why don't I like his house?
I then tried to actually remember the house and as it came back to me- I realized it was the perfect floor plan.
Four bedrooms upstairs- Master on the main- Formal dining and office- walk out basement and you remember the storage room.
I then tried to actually remember the house and as it came back to me- I realized it was the perfect floor plan.
Four bedrooms upstairs- Master on the main- Formal dining and office- walk out basement and you remember the storage room.
So I told Brock we could drive past it again.
And it was beautiful.
The morning sun was shining on it and it was like a sign from Heaven.
"This is the house."
But I wasn't done fighting yet.
We walked around to the backyard so I could make my case about the cliff.
Brock proceeded to point out the part of the hill he thought the kids would stop rolling.
But if I was being completely honest with myself the hill wasn't as steep as I remembered and the yard was bigger than I thought.
But I said, "We need a bigger yard. This yard is small"
And then Heaven said, "You don't like yard work. This yard is the perfect size."
Guess what. Heaven was totally right.
It didn't take long before I was sold.
It really was an amazing house and we all know Brock can talk anyone into anything.
So on the way home we made an offer and it was done.
^^^^^
But the thing that has surprised me the most about the house is as much as I love all the practical things, like that storage room, I really am in love with the view- especially the sky.
Sometimes it's so beautiful I swear it looks just a screen saver.
The other night there was a lightening storm that rolled in from the west. It was awesome/scary watching it come in. I'm not sure if I've ever appreciated the sky like I do now. It really is gorgeous.
^^^^^
Plus, I learned an important lesson.
When Brock and Heaven are telling you to do something...
You might as well just do it.
Because they were totally right.
This is the house- the house with a view.


1 comment:
As much as I love the view, it's what's inside that I can't wait to see again. I miss my little rug rats!
Post a Comment