And since UNLV was ranked like 7 or something the place was rockin'.
Because we all know that when you have a sorry team the only hope for pride is to beat a ranked team.
So the Bronco student section was in full-on orange glory doing "Utah State"esk chants and cheers as well as a pretty rad flash mob.
I am a sucker for flash mobs.
And I'm not sure if you know this but UNLV has a new coach this year.
His name is Dave Rice.
He is rad and pretty much my dad's BFF.
And when Brock and I got married he sent us a $50 check and I had NEVER, EVEN MET him.
And his wife is awesome and she's pretty much my mom's BFF.
Dear Mindy,
I don't know if you still read my blog, but just wanted to say:
We all miss you and Dave and your boys very much.
We are glad your team wins all the time though.
Thanks, again, for the tickets.
Love, Chanell
And that leads me to my next point...
When someone gives you tickets, and you don't pay a cent because they GIVE them to you...
You are always supposed to cheer for them. If someone gives you tickets and you give one of them to your cousin and he wears a GIANT Utah Sweatshirt to the game- that means he's obnoxious and he is breaking the rule about when people give you tickets for free you cheer for them.
EVEN IF YOU SWORE TO HATE THAT SCHOOL FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
You put on some black and red and start chanting, 'Reeeeebels."
That is just how it's done.
And then you realize you don't mind cheering for the Rebs because this Bronco fan makes you really uncomfortable and a little embarrassed that you live in the same city as him.And then your entire ward is at the game and they honestly hate us a little for cheering for the Rebels...
And there is a small chance that we may get kicked out of the city.
Seriously.
But then I realize the the Broncos never give us tickets.
Cause we don't know them.
Except that one time I saw Coach Pete in Baja Fresh and I thought we were friends because I recognized him and then realized it was just because I have seen him on TV and in fact we were not friends at all.
I refrained from saying, "Hey, Coach" because he doesn't know me and I'm 8 or 9 inches taller than him.
But back to the game.
It actually goes into overtime and UNLV wins.
And the Bronco fans are thrilled because it was close.
And the Rebels fans are thrilled because they won.
And I am thrilled that I am, in fact, not bad luck for all visiting teams at the Taco Bell Arena.
And it was fun and exciting and so good to see Coach Rice and Heath.
And it was so awesome seeing the guy wearing the "Rice, Rice Baby" t-shirt.
And I realized that going to basketball games is like my FAVORITE thing to do.
I love it.
And who doesn't feeling a LITTLE rebellious now and then, right?
p.s. There is an all-american on UNLV's team named Moser that made like five threes in the same spot 18 feet away from us. After that game I officially put him on my pretend, college fantasy team with Jimmer.
1 comment:
Love your blog Chanell. We miss you guys too!
Post a Comment